Kitchen under cabinet lighting swap

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martyj

Reaction score
Hi all,

i am going to try another little project and swap the ugly lights that someone installed under the kitchen cabinets. You can can see so much thick grey mains writing, the lights are strip lighting and are filthy, and more to the point, none of them work. I know the switch is live as I had a friend test it and the wiring.

i plan to replace the lights in pic 1 and 2, and just get ride of the light on 3, join the connection, push the wiring back in the wall and cover the small hole as u cant see it from the lounge and it is blocked by the fridge.

my question is the lighting to buy?

will triangle/pyramid lighting cover the existing holes? Is there something better?

i am on a tight budget. A low LED warm light is all that is required as it will just be an evening light.

i did an online chat with a website and they mentioned about needing a transformer, the website said i needed something else, and then they just disappeared.

if anyone could give me a starting point that would be great.

Thank you,

Martin.

E0C3BA29-1600-4F8B-980C-9F2F944B6A1F.jpeg

1BCE43B2-7203-4153-A498-5BA78BA6E94D.jpeg

89EFE0E0-C43D-487D-8BF5-A15AE51019BC.jpeg

Thanks for your reply Murdoch.

i was hoping to save the money and learn something new, but didnt want to go in like a bull in a china shop. I have no intention of paying an electrician to do it so wouldn’t want to take the pi$$.