OVEN THERMOSTAT REPLACEMENT - BAUMATIC BT2760SS

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tayler

Reaction score
Baumatic BT2760SS (DUAL ELECTRIC OVENS - GAS HOBS):
? How to access and remove/install Main Oven Thermostat/switch and connected Oven Temperature Probes.
? How to access behind control knob fascia (fascia firmly fixed - no screws/clips in sight).
?How to access the length of connecting wire from Probes in oven to switch.

Thank you.

probably involves about 3,000 screws, none of them will seem relevant until you actually get to the stat

replacing the covers usually only involves replacing about 10 screws

Five of the screws will have bounced across the floor then rolled under the fridge or dishwasher, never to be seen again. And a quarter of all the screws will be 2mm longer than the rest and they must go in certain positions, other wise when you are trying to put it back together some of the screws will just spin in the hole without the thread biting on the chassis strengthening bars. Just guessing?

Doc H.

Baumatic BT2760SS (DUAL ELECTRIC OVENS - GAS HOBS):
? How to access and remove/install Main Oven Thermostat/switch and connected Oven Temperature Probes.
? How to access behind control knob fascia (fascia firmly fixed - no screws/clips in sight).
?How to access the length of connecting wire from Probes in oven to switch.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum Tayler, this forum is primarily related to electricians and their work involved with the physical hard wiring of circuits, distribution boards, industrial controls, secondary supplies (solar), and similar such work. The actual appliances connected to the ends of circuits are typically not supplied or maintained by the majority of our members.  However a few may do appliance repairs for personal needs or close family. (I would always have a look at any of my own domestic appliances which may be faulty, But I would never offer it as a service to any third party customers). From my personal past experience once any appliance is moved out so access is easily visible to all sides front & back, rear and/or side panels can usually be removed by clearly visible screws and a lot of manufactures have websites with drawings showing key components and descriptions/or part numbers. Obviously all of our members would be 100% willing to offer any help they can, but please allow for the above limitations plus a small dose of humour in the odd answer or two. 

Doc H.