Wireless PIR switching

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob3000

Reaction score
I have a driveway about 25m long along the side of my house.  I want to fit some 12v ground lights along the length of the drive that light it up when I drive in or when I come out of the house at the other end of the drive. There would be one PIR at each end.

I have seen a Techmar plug and play system which would be ideal but two PIR's can't be used on the same circuit.  I have seen that there are wireless sensor/receiver systems available.  Does anybody know if 2 PIR's switching the same receiver can be used with these systems?

Can anyone recommend a good wireless switching system? 

Would it not be best to ask the maker if it can be done / will work?  (In theory it will work)

I would never recommend anything wireless (Other than a normal radio) as despite all the claims, 99% of it is either rubbish or a waste of time. Not to mention being radio it will need batteries, which will fail when you don't want them to, and  or when there is snow on the ground. Not to mention after a few summers the plastic will break