HI From total newbye : need some help with car electricity

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sektopod

Reaction score
Hi

I know this is not the place to speak of dashcams and powerbanks and so on.

But im in a hurry to leave town for vacation and I need someone that know about electricity , thats not me :=)

I've ordered some battery power banks lifepo4 for my car dash cams but I dont know if im asking too much from my new car.

I dont know about Watts, volts, amp etc so need some help

Those power banks are very powerfull, I've 3 of em

each one stats : 

Input Voltage / CurrentCigarette lighter plug: 12 V–17 V / 6.5 A (max)

Charging Voltage / CurrentCigarette lighter plug: 14.6 V / 5 A

Capacity12.8 V / 6,000 mAh / 76.8 Wh

Output Voltage / Current11 V–14.5 V / 2 A (max)

My car battery is a FIAMM VR760 AH70 760 A

I dont have clue what all of this mean, but im worried if maybe my battery will deplete fast and not turning on cause too much stuffs or it will not start cause too much power asked from power banks  ?

Those power banks charge my dash cams and router while car is off, but then when Car is on they need to recharge. 

Sorry my english and thanks a lot for any help, didnt know who to ask, I dont have any friend that know this stuffs =(

Thanks

Presumably you intend to charge the power banks whilst driving, (as opposed to with the accessories switch on but engine stopped)?  

In that case you really have nothing to worry about. The weak link in the chain is the cigarette lighter plug itself, which will become hot if you ask too much of it for too long.  

It will be best to charge them one at a time rather than all three together.

The car battery doesn't play a part as it too will be charging when the engine is on.

The demand of the power banks is reasonably high but not beyond what a standard alternator could supply even with other standard car loads running.

Latest posts