Not all happy families at Christmas.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two sad occurrences this week  .

My neighbour's family whose younger son committed suicide  two years ago  have left  to spend Christmas in a Norfolk cottage  , can't face  being in their house  .

An answerphone message from the elderly guy up the road who is not well ....  croaky voice...    "Not doing cards this year  ,  I can't write anymore  & not seeing too well  ...Merry Christmas ...over & out "   

I always think about people who've lost loved ones around Christmas, it must ruin the festivities for them, plus if you watch the tv, all the films seem to be about people meeting and falling in love. I was thinking the other day about a fairly young copper from my local force, a couple of years ago he was involved in a pursuit, it was around November time If I remember correctly, he was standing on the central reservation of a dual carriageway waiting to deploy a stinger to stop a stolen vehicle. The young piece of scum at the wheel came hurtling down the road, saw the stinger and mounted the verge, he hit the cop and he died shortly afterwards from his injuries. 

The slimeball who did this was a cocky little scrote, a couple of days before this incident he'd been involved in a similar one, thankfully he'd not injured anyone on that occasion, in fact after this one I believe he was involved in another whilst on bail! I saw the cops funeral, it was heartbreaking, he had a lovely wife and a couple of small children, one was too young to understand why daddy wasn't coming home anymore, and it wasn't any easier on the other one.

I feel so sorry for his family, Christmas will not be a time for happiness, it will be a time of sadness, all caused by some lowlife scum who cared only about himself.