Kitchen under cupboard lighting - wiring in a swap

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martyj

Reaction score
Hi,

The under cupboard lighting in my new place wasn't working and the wiring was live and tested so I took the old ugly tubes out and now have the wiring left.

If bought pyramid under cupboard lighting, but I am not sure how to wire the lights to the existing wires, or even if it is possible?

The existing wire has separate L, N and earth. The new light wiring is not as thick and is just a L and N.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you!

Martin.

1548437801694677.jpg

1548438124540378.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When fitting your new lights  , just ignore the earth wire , they don't need it .  

At a guess , one of those switches will turn the lights on & off .   KILL THE POWER... then just connect one of your lights to the wires you have there  and try switching on . 

Do you have a separate driver unit for your lights ?     If so that is connected first then your lights usually plug into it .   

Forum warning .

Remember to kill the power when messing about . 

When fitting your new lights  , just ignore the earth wire , they don't need it .  

At a guess , one of those switches will turn the lights on & off .   KILL THE POWER... then just connect one of your lights to the wires you have there  and try switching on . 

Do you have a separate driver unit for your lights ?     If so that is connected first then your lights usually plug into it .   

Forum warning .

Remember to kill the power when messing about . 
Thanks Evans, having a go this weekend. These lights have a built in driver so hopefully just connecting the wires will do trick.

Martin.