DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
bruce325

I've cut the earth/ground wire outside my house

bruce325

I'm a complete numpty and when gardening I've cut the earth wire that goes into the ground outside the front door. I've wrapped the both broken sections together around a metal pin that goes into the wall, but I fear this is not going to do the job and that this is not safe for the appliances inside. Could some kind soul advice what I should do and if I can do it myself. Im a bit strapped and would try like to avoid calling someone else out. Despite this poor evidence to support my case, I am a capable DIYer just not a great gardener. Any advice gratefully received. Thank you

Geoff1946

Solder the joint together and wrap it in rubber self amalgamating tape. Then put a concrete paver over rather than a plant.  I would have thought it ought to have been protected anyway, not just in soil.

This is intuitive; I don't know the rules / regs'  and others may disagree with me.

Murdoch

Get a competent spark to test your incoming supply and earth ............. as a matter of some priority is my advice