DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Elnur vs Dimplex - storage heaters

Hi folks

I'd appreciate some advice on storage heaters.

I need to buy four storage heaters for a flat and was about to buy Dimplex XLS range heaters, when I came across a range by a manufacturer called Elnur.

All I know about Dimplex is they're very common.

I know nothing about Elnur except that their equivalent to the Dimplex models I was going to get (ER SH), will save me nearly

Hello and welcome :D

I'm no expert on storage heaters. All I will say is if you go for the bigger brands spare parts etc tend to be available for longer.

That said there's not a great deal to go wrong in a storage heater (other than the odd thermal link)

Hi Apache

Thanks for the response. Yes, a lot of the value of a an appliance can be in after-sales, and that's one thing I'm wondering about. Need to find some happy / unhappy customers.

L IV

Buy cheap, pay twice!

Never heard of Elnur...

All I tend to see are "Dimplex" or "Creda Sunhouse" ones

All I can say is all mine are Dimplex and no problems so far!

:)

Dimplex seem to be the brand leader. I fitted a couple of BDC own brand ones quite a few years back with no problems. Dimplex seem to last for years with no problems but I had to replace all the elements on an own brand one last year can't remember the make. Personally I would pay the extra and go for Dimplex.

Batty

Thanks for the help folks. Looks like I may have to pay the extra and starve the cats for a couple of months :0)

Anything that harms cats has the blessing of the forum vet ;)

Anything that harms cats has the blessing of the forum vet :D

but thats only the view of the vet, so can be ignored

Archived