swindon-massive

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddha

Reaction score
hi,im studying level 2 c&g2330,and i find the swindon-massive website very helpful.

but one thing is troubling me,i can cope with the multiple choice questions and tests comfortably on this web site but have alot more trouble with questions from scaddon books and essential calculations books.

are the questions on swindon-massive a good representation of the degree of difficulty in the actual exam or am i being lured into a false sense of security?

questions from other texts give me serious brain cramp,im hoping the swindon-massive set up is more near the actual mark.

can anyone shed some light on this please

It's a qood question and one I can't answer at the moment.

However, I have my 201 on Saturday, 202 on Sunday and 203 on Monday, so once I've done these I'll post back here and let you know what I think.

I'm hopeing the Swindom Massive ones are a good representation of the questions.

personally i found them very good for the gola exams,got to do your own bit of graft on the smartscreens just to check out how they are written c&g have a great way with words.... :|

Hello Buddha.

Personally, I ONLY use Swindon massive for my revision and from 5 online exams I have taken I have received 4 Distinctions.

The other exam I received a Credit. I was one mark away from a Distinction (it doesn't bother me. Honest)

Obviously it also depends on your personal aptitude towards the course but everyone I have recommended to the site have seen great gains in their grades.

thanks bane,and well done with your results.

i forgot to mention,i have only been doing the FREE multiple choice questions,i wonder if the ones where you have to pay for a passport,go a little more in depth.

thanks to all replys,ive only just joined this forum,must say its very handy to get other peoples opinions cheers.

Hi Buddha,

Yes, the free online ones are the ones I use but i have purchased handouts etc for Units 203, 204, 205.

Oh, also forgot to point out. The exam which I only received a Credit for? I hadn't actually revised for that one so I set myself up for a fall (fail to prepare, prepare to fail and all that).

Don't let yourself become complacent!

As for this forum. Yes it's a tremendous help. All you have to do is ask!

I've now done the 201, 202, 203 exams (got distictions in all 3 :) ) and I agree with what everyone else said, The exams on swindon are about the same standard as the online ones, If anything I would say the swindon ones are a bit harder.

Hello,

Firstly - thanks for the many kind comments about the Swindon-Massive website - I created it!

To answer the concerns raised, the questions on the website are comparable to the actual GOLA tests, covering all sections of the 2330 course. The website was originally designed by me for teaching my own electrical students - so the questioning has to be relevant or I'd be wasting my time.

My electrical department has high success rates for electrical apprentices at level 2 (90%+) and level 3 (95%+) with average 100+ apprentices on programme at any one time - and they use my website in class and from home. They also use the same handouts from my site which I (and my staff)teach them with. Of course - it also takes effort from students to actually 'learn' the content and the website does this in an 'effortless' way when compared to reading 100's pages of text from many different books.

Please remember that GOLA multichoice questions are designed to test your understanding of electrical (and associated) concepts and rules. My site helps you learn these concepts and rules so you are able to answer ANY question related that topic. Thats why questions appear different between GOLA and my site.

Best Regards and
default_good%20luck.gif

Kev

thanks for the website i purchased passwords for 201,202,203 & 205.also done the free multiple choice. and because of your help i gained a credit in 201 & 202 and a distinction in 205 only the 203 to go. thanks kev.

Hasan, what was the 205 like? Any particular areas you would advise to revise on?

i always thought Welsh Wizard was the man behind Swindon Massive?!?!

I've used Swindon Massive to revise for my exams in the past also found it very helpful

Hi ,am going for my 202,205,206,208 gola exam soon ,pls any advise will be helpful. And will like to know more about Swindon massive pls thanks.

Huge respect for using Swindon Massive - great revision tool! You are so far ahead of most because you are pushing yourself!!! As long as you review and get the understanding behind the answers you're give rather than learning the correct response to the multiple choice you will become a damn good electrician. That said - getting the qualifications is the first stage to get through!

Last edited by a moderator: