2391-20

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary_b_efc

Reaction score
Hi all. Just after some advice really. I'm pretty much a 'house basher'. No experience with industrial and very limited commercial. I have passed the 2330, 2381 and 2391-10 and have a pretty good practical knowledge of the regs and testing/fault finding as it applies to domestic installations, always eager to learn more though. I have a chance to sign up to do this '2391-20 design, erection and verification' course and i'm wondering if it will be worth my while. I don't really want to/can't afford to throw the money away on a course where I'm going to be out of my depth because of my limited commercial/industrial experience. Could it be possible for me to pick up the required knowledge to pass the course, basically filling in the blanks from books etc, or would it be like trying to push water uphill. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks Gary.

if you put the college work in and willing to do some at home i found it no harder than c&g level 3.there is a lot to take in but like i said if you put the work in you should be ok.

hi gary just to let you know that when i got my 2391 i asked about this and its not really beneficial as it only applies to new builds so youre actually more qualified with what you already have-so i was told by the instuctor hope this helps

Well after starting this course in October and sittingn the exam in december, I have just sent off the completed assignment. It is supposed to take 20 hours to complete but has taken 100+. It comprises some 70-80 pages which I thought was quite comprehensive. I saw one someone did 2 years ago (different assignment but same course) and he had done over 300 pages! Anyway its another qualification under my belt which I hope may be useful one day.

Latest posts