2391:301 Theory Exam Tonight 15th March 2012

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been on another website and they have been getting results back since Wednesday.

Been on another website and they have been getting results back since Wednesday.
Another website? OH I know, the C&G official website! They never used to publish results on there when I was a lad.

Never heard of a computer until I was about 12, and built a transistor binary computer when I was 13, such an amazing machine it could add 1 plus 1 in about 25 minutes.

ffs the waiting is killing me!

just called the centre and they still dont have the results, we were told the 14th, yet people have been getting results since last week!

C&G had lost our results, the centre had to show proof they were sent by special delivery, and they started an investigation!!

Anyway, theyve just found them and iv passed!!! Absolutely Buzzing, just need to do the practical now!

hey i just gor my results for 2391 which i sat in March asnd yippee i passed phew big big relief !!!! how did everone else do?????

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:24 ----------

hi did you sit exam at energy hub????

****** failed again!! The examiner has got it in for me! There can be no other explanation :-0

Seriously does anyone know if you can get a copy of the exam paper they marked or some feedback at least? I thought I had nailed it this time. Don't even know if I have failed by 1% or 50%. It's pretty poor not even letting you know which areas need work

Congratulations to all those who did pass. Well done!!

Hilldog,

Sorry to hear you failed.

You can ask city and guilds about your paper but all they will tell you is in which area you were weak in. They won't give your paper back and let you know your exact mark. They will charge you a small fortune for the privilege though.

I think the best thing you can do is say to yourself that you just missed out by a few marks.

Hopefully you'll do better next time

Sorry was after some more help if anyone can assist. In question 24 it asks me to

Describe an IR test on a ring final circuit.

I know the continuity of ring final circuit test. I also know the IR test. I can describe these ok. However I am getting confused which one to detail in this question. The continuity test will certainly clarify if any of the conductors are connected etc (which is the point of the IR test). Does it want me to detail these 3 steps (interconnections, polarity & R2) or does it want me to detail the test from a distribution board and desribe a full IR test? I am thinking that the continuity one is the way to go but the me tip ing of IR has totally thrown me.

Can anyone help? Cheers !

Hi Hilldog?

I think your getting confused about why you do an IR.

You are doing it to confirm that there is no breakdown in the insulation of cables.

So what answer would I put? Describe the procedure for an IR test? Test All live conductors inc neutral to earth at DB?