Am I expected to be competant in Extractor fan installs as a bs7671 electrician?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you’re coring a hole one of these is a great investment,,, mine can take a 152mm core drill (without the brush insert) and leaves hardly any dust
fantastic invention. I bought one of these recently for my 4" makita angle grinder. I need to set it up for next week.......Didnt know about core drill versions........................do now!

Pilot bit is not needed once you have the hole started. Round here we have quite a few cob walls, so could hit slate or granite stones, or both. Most houses are also rendered - a by prouduct of the China clay indusrtry means lots of silver sand was available cheap, and rendering is popular becuase of the rainfall. So you start off hard render, then hit lumps of granite / slate and ancient mortar, then hard render again - right pain in the neck, and easier hit from both sides! And just for fun, halfway through the wall a lump of granite falls down and jams the core..🤬
You must be Cornwall way?

just to end this post. I had a lady come to a property from vent axia and do free onsite training.
With my cpd certificate earned, and part f read, I am boldly claiming to be trained in intermitant extractor fan installation.............The builder and building inspectors are happy and I no longer need to pay £500 for a airflow tester that needs annual calibration................