Bank of Dave [Bank on Dave] of Burnley - Channel 4 Reviews...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
... Did anyone see the programme last night called 'Bank of Dave". I did, and I enjoyed it too. It's about; wait for it, a guy called Dave (David Fishwick - goes by Dave Fishwick) who owns his own company selling Used mini buses.

Dave; like many is well cheesed off by the way the banks are run and are ripping people off in the UK, and set out to set up his own bank for the people of Burnley, Lancashire.

As you will know the UK banks are regulated by the FSA and it is no easy task starting up a bank. (He will have no problem starting out as a Credit Union), but Dave is adamant he wants a bank. (even to set up as a building society, would have been easier).

It is very strict that he could not use the word "Bank" anywhere in the name or on the building. In the end; instead of calling it Bank of Dave, he settled for "Bank on Dave".

He had a meeting set up with the FSA who cancelled it just three days before. (I will not say the reason, I will leave you to watch it). It looks like a little series on it, as it continues next Thursday (19/07/2012).

Dave Fishwick is a hell of of a man, and is so down to earth - I wish his every success and really do hope that he makes it. Good luck Dave ! :Salute :Applaud

Anyone see it? What's your review of it?

Dave has also written a book on it too:

Yes I seen it and found it very interesting ! I liked the way he got round using the word "Bank" !

As you say he seems a really down to earth bloke and good luck to the guy and what he is trying to achieve for the local community.

Don't know how it evenually pans out for him, but sincerely hope he does do it.

He certainly has the enthuslastic attitude to succeed

watched it last night, frickin brilliant,

the point was binky, he didnt want a CU, and TBH I dont blame him,

from my knowledge and hearing about them they arent much better than the banks TBH in their own way.

He lives very close, when I am at home that is, and is a very funny guy. Not seen the program but will have a look tonight.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:56 ----------

Oh its finished, have to watch it on more 4 or whatever.

Ye thought it was good but!

He said he made a profit of 9K but i bet all those 3 guys were doing that all for free, so their wages over the last 6 months would not have been accounted for which would be considerably more than 9K.

Also, he was very happy that he made 1% on the stock exchange in one day but, what about the times when you lose money?

But ye, what a character! :Salute

Latest posts