benchmark cps scheme

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vibetime

Reaction score
hi all, looking at all part p schemes at moment, and im leaning towards the benchmark(think its corgi) scheme as its cheap and i dont think not having napit etc names on my van will affect me much. just wondered if anybody has used them n was it a good scheme ?

cheers

pete.

Never heard of them TBH Vibetime , good grief how many more are there ?

I can only say I think you'd be better off with one of the better known ones , and hardly anyone has heard of them !

yea maybe . looked at elecsa and stroma to . just trying to keep costs down really. are u required to prove dead by using a proving unit ?

yea maybe . looked at elecsa and stroma to . just trying to keep costs down really. are u required to prove dead by using a proving unit ?
The actual cost differences between the various contractor schemes is relatively small compared to other business overheads such as fuel to run a vehicle, purchasing new tools or replacing worn tools and test equipment etc.. A more widely recognised body may bring improved work options over the less well know schemes. One extra job valued at

Dunno , whoever you go with will send you great long list of requirements to be met .........enjoy.

I usually use two testers if I'm unsure but that wouldn't suit the CPS man .

hi all, looking at all part p schemes at moment, and im leaning towards the benchmark(think its corgi) scheme as its cheap and i dont think not having napit etc names on my van will affect me much. just wondered if anybody has used them n was it a good scheme ?cheers

pete.
Any links???

never heard of em!!!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 01:13 ---------- Previous post was made at 01:11 ----------

Don't think Corgi exist anyway now do they??

Thought it was Gas-Safe?

:C

Too many, they need 'One gang to rule the city' now can you dig it? :)

Bit concerned you are unsure about proving dead!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for replys guys. its called benchmark certification.my question regarding isolation was prob not clear. i meant do you have to use a proving unit ?? can i not voltage test with supply on . and then turn main switch off check for voltage on load side n then prove its dead by retesting incoming side which will be live still ? is tht not classed as a known source ??