Big thanks to British gas

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
Absolute numpties! This was put in last week!

There coming back after the customer increases the size of the meter cupboard! Which is why I was there to move some cables

image.jpg

image.jpg

I had to move them off the right hand side of the meter cupboard so it could be cut out.

There's a lack of bonding too, how do they get away with it?

All due respect, but where else can the gas meter go?.........The numpty to me, is the one who put the DB in that position.

All due respect, but where else can the gas meter go?.........The numpty to me, is the one who put the DB in that position.
of course

and i guess this was the sparky's fault too. he should have kow the gas monkey would need to get his pipe there

gaspipespur.jpg

look where the gas outlet is, do you think the meter fitter is going to relocate that? There is only a short flexipipe to attach to that. So just put 2+2 together.Wet Fish

Eh? Its a house split into 2 flats, the meter cupboards full with 2 boards and 2 off peak boards. The gas meters new and could have been put anywhere but there.

First in best dressed as the saying goes and this was first in 40years previous.

was the outlet there already with just the meter to connect up? or was the gas outlet new aswell? if it was then fair enough:Salute

Quality.........

As for the bonding, the garage job I posted pics on yesterday also requires meb to the gas & the customer had the gas meter changed a few months ago. When I was there I mentioned the lack of meb & I would have to install one or he could give BG a call & get them to rectify their work by putting a 10mm meb in.

The customer rang BG to ask why it hadn't been done during the meter change & when could they return to install the missing earth cable....

"it doesnt come under gas regulations only the electrical regulations, so if you want it fitting you'll need to employ the services of an electrician"

No continuity with BG one property (TNC-s) they put in a rod next to the gas meter cab & run a few feet worth of 16mm to connect to the pipework the next its not their problem doing the meb to gas pipework headbang

I think you'll prob find it is a gas reg that MEB is required within 600mm of the meter,

the electrical regs state within 600mm of where it enters the premises,

so they must have a reg about it somewhere....

Even if the gas meter could not go anywhere else you would have thought the fitter would have had the common sense to query it and ask for it to be moved!! That is just plain stupid!!

I'd have thought it common sense not to put the gas meter in front of the CU regardless of how the CU is installed. The CU was there first, so the gas meter can find somewhere else, even if the installer has to say to the customer "There's no room to put it there, make me some room or no gas"

I had to move them off the right hand side of the meter cupboard so it could be cut out. There's a lack of bonding too, how do they get away with it?
The meter fitters dont do the bonding, it can be passed to service and repair, or they can advise the customer to get their own independant engineer in.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:26 ----------

look where the gas outlet is, do you think the meter fitter is going to relocate that? There is only a short flexipipe to attach to that. So just put 2+2 together.Wet Fish
a stand a lone regulator could of been used and and it could of been hardpiped

I was just wondering where to post these pics & up pops this thread. We have just started a refurb in a occupied house and this is the fusebox. I know what i am going to do but wondered what some of the younger members views are ?

2012-07-05114955n21.jpg

2012-07-05115029n21.jpg

Not the best pics as the sun was shining in