C&g 2396 November / December 2012

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So just under 2mA per piece of equipment.  

Ive done some googling there seems to be a range that people expect from 1mA to the max allowed in the COP! 

Hi

I'm new to the forum so please be gentle with me :)  

I have started my 2396 project also and have completed the drawing. I converted the PDF to a DWG file and have added all the containment, Klix boxes etc.

The spreadsheet is the part i'm struggling with, I want to ensure I have included for everything in the cable calculations etc first time round to try and speed up the progress. Does anybody have an image of one of the tabs i could get 'inspiration' from?? It would be really appreciated.

If anybody wants a copy of the DWG's feel free to PM me and i'll email them.

Cheers Anton

So just under 2mA per piece of equipment.  

Ive done some googling there seems to be a range that people expect from 1mA to the max allowed in the COP! 
Wozz, I 'allow' 3mA per double socket, so Im probably pretty close to what sidey suggests on this,

8 D/skts per 30mA device max.

Wozz, I 'allow' 3mA per double socket, so Im probably pretty close to what sidey suggests on this,

8 D/skts per 30mA device max.
cheers. 

Hi

I'm new to the forum so please be gentle with me :)

I have started my 2396 project also and have completed the drawing. I converted the PDF to a DWG file and have added all the containment, Klix boxes etc.

The spreadsheet is the part i'm struggling with, I want to ensure I have included for everything in the cable calculations etc first time round to try and speed up the progress. Does anybody have an image of one of the tabs i could get 'inspiration' from?? It would be really appreciated.

If anybody wants a copy of the DWG's feel free to PM me and i'll email them.

Cheers Anton
this might be of use.

http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/topic/22782-excel-formula/

I just started with circuit number and went through everything i could think of, then added more once i started i got a bit carried away might have done too much but in excel it was easy and made me feel productive.   as far as i can see you could use the spread sheet for two tasks.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Anton I wouldn't mind a copy off that cad drawing. Just started the course and its the same project. I would of pm'd you but can't figure out how to do it.

Paul

quick one when / why would you and for what reason spec a mccb as a incomer rather than a switch disconnector?

Actually going mental over this, can anyone point me in the direction of a distribution range (MEM schneider ect)  that have MCCB time current graphs?

Due to everyone buying everyone, I can find MCCBs but can find any data to go along with them, you go the MEM and all the info is on some eaton cannibalized moeller website and none of the part numbers match, you go to schneider and end up with square D data and none of the part number or frame references match, I also downloaded a program from schnieder to do this and it was in german, WTF does everyone do guess?

Woz,

Schneider do time current graphs for the full range, all available on their website, along with in the CurveDirect software.

I think Siemens also do them, but Canoe will be better placed for that one.

I'll see what I can find for you.

You may need to register on the Schneider site to get all the info, and you will need to go in through the UK portal!

Try here as a start:

http://www.downloads.schneider-electric.com/sites/oreo/gb/document-detail.page?p_docId=25771917&p_Conf=i#http://www.schneider-electric.co.uk#http://www.schneider-electric.co.uk

Also here:

http://www.downloads.schneider-electric.com/sites/oreo/gb/document-detail.page?p_docId=28979363&p_Conf=i#http://www.downloads.schneider-electric.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers will try that software on the other laptop as im on a mac.

The ready to install document is what I used to get part numbers, under tripping characteristics it just gives breaking capacity I was looking for times below 0.1, or let through energy as using appendix three is giving me huge cables within the installation!  

And with a few clicks in down to 0.02  :B-

Each breaker is showing two lines i though this was only for adjustable devices? I take it right hand is worst case so go with that?

they dont make it easy, isobar 4 is actually multi9, powerpact4 is actually NSX(something) from what i can gather cant they bloody update anyhting?!

does anyone know or can explain to me what would be the outcome of selecting equipment where your Icm (rated short circuit making capacity) is less than your near end fault current?  I take it this refers to closing the switch onto a fault that could be greater than its Icm, and then what? it all goes bang and falls apart even though your Icn maybe 50kA?

I never thought this day would arrive but it has, the project is in, cant believe it feel so relieved, even when / if i get it back at least there wont be a mountain to climb this time.  

A massive thank you to anyone who has contributed on this thread. 

Guinness  

Hi Wozz, Chr!s and Canoeboy, 

Just reading through some old posts on the 2396. Regarding your comments?

"My design so far, open to comments.

Ive ended up with lightly loaded circuits serving LDS boxes each supplying 5 fittings, this was done to keep the load centeral rather than in and out of every fitting, 5 metre flex to each fitting, this flex will be included in Zs, VD.  

Ive aimed to keep the circuits to 5 fittings (130w each) max, this is so I can use the 0.3xItxCg, to do away with the grouping, and let the power circuits use up the spare grouping this has created.  Does that make sense?"

and 

"Wozz, would need specific info, cable sizes, types of load etc, its difficult to advise without the full spec."

Please can I get a copy of your lighting design too? 

I am just starting to do this project. PV is easy. Took about 10 minutes to complete. Documenting the supply and load seem to be taking longer.

Kind regards,

Stephanjs

Hi Wozz, Chr!s and Canoeboy, 

Kind regards,

Stephanjs

I don't think Wozz or Chr!s are likely to reply as their last activity was in 2013..

But Canoeboy AKA Paddler AKA "I hate HouseBashin" AKA "0.25_of_the_horsemen"...

is still around and active!!!!!!

Blimey..

just looked you have been here a while as well since 2011 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You MUST start posting more...

get your presence out there!!

Guinness

I underestimated how long the project would take.

I wish i had taken a few weeks off work to do the project while doing the course.

Latest posts