Changing a shaver and light unit for an LED mirror.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfie501

Reaction score
IMG_8822.jpegHello, really hoping someone can help. I have a shaver unit in my bathroom. I want to remove this and replace it with an LED mirror.

Is this a simple process of removing the shaver and light and installing the LED mirror with the existing wiring?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

looks like you are missing an earth connection, which most mirror lights require. It maybe just cut back short. However, your main issue is that cable is short and high up and most mirrors are connected through a hole low down on the mirror, so you could do with a longer cable. That may be fairly easy to achieve if you have loft access directly above the bathroom, in theory you can tie a new cable onto the old and pull up a suitable length into the loft space to connect where ever the current wire rund to. (turn leccy off first of course) New cable will have the earth you need, but it would be worth checking there is an earth on the lighting circuit, so get in loft and find where that cable runs and check connection box for an earth.

looks like you are missing an earth connection, which most mirror lights require. It maybe just cut back short. However, your main issue is that cable is short and high up and most mirrors are connected through a hole low down on the mirror, so you could do with a longer cable. That may be fairly easy to achieve if you have loft access directly above the bathroom, in theory you can tie a new cable onto the old and pull up a suitable length into the loft space to connect where ever the current wire rund to. (turn leccy off first of course) New cable will have the earth you need, but it would be worth checking there is an earth on the lighting circuit, so get in loft and find where that cable runs and check connection box for an earth.
Thankyou Binky,
Will give that a go and see how I get on.

Latest posts