Cheap Multitools again

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Parkside stuff is good for the price ,  well worth looking at .    German I think.

What can you do with the Multi Purpose Tool  Monkey?

I think we've got a small circular saw for cutting & trapping floorboards. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The multitool has pretty much replaced my jig saw and circular saw, neither gets to see the light of day very much now.  Pretty much essential for cutting and lifting floor boards (a slide hammer nail puller is a close second essential for that task)

If you don't have one, go and get one. You really will wonder how you managed before without one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Boshe PME180 (or something like that) - the green corded one. I also have a Fein 14V cordless one.

I don't think I've used the corded one since, the Fein is in a different league - more power, better quality, less vibration.

But is it £200 better,?

And if you are using it professionally, then you probably don't have easy access to 230v a lot if the time I'd imagine, 

I bought the Bosch for DIY and the Fein for work (cutting plaster casts off), but if I have anything to do at home I bring the Fein home.

In a desperate need to slake my thirst for tools i have more of these than is clinically classed as 'a normal amount

new fein 110

second hand fein 240

coltech cordless.....3 off,Loooooong story but only paid for 1😀

colttech 240

fein stays at home for my woodworking projects now...too good for site

one cordless has a semi circ blade in it permanently....cannot beat it for plastic trunking

another is kept with a bimetal  blade in it

last week...changing 16mm back boxes for 35s

whazz around sides with any old blade...loosen box and remove.....vac on no mess

change blade to carbide

chain drill box sides

join holes with carbide blade

knock out

done no mess

you NEED to get on

One of those tools where I wondered why anyone would want one.....until I used one and was converted.

My early Draper multi tool has earned it's keep time and again but I really could do with something better to stop having to 'eff around with the blade adapter. 

Just so happens I'm passing Lidl later.....

That Parkside stuff is good for the price ,  well worth looking at .    German I think.

What can you do with the Multi Purpose Tool  Monkey?

I think we've got a small circular saw for cutting & trapping floorboards. 
As has been said, they really are one of those tools that you wonder how you ever did without.

I rewired a house couple years ago for a retired cabinet maker, this guys work with wood was so precise, I was in awe of him. He spotted me using it and asked what it was. Next time I went round he had bought one and proclaimed it the best thing since sliced bread. Lovely old fella, gone now sadly, rip Ron

Well, I bought one.....

So, if the Parkside suff is good "cos it's German" does the same go for their VDE screwdriver set at £4.99?  :tongue in cheek

I got an irizola vde set for a tenner just.before they were rebranded bahco they're not too bad. ;)

Better than the bahco one's anyways! :lol:

I was given a VDE Draper "budget" set this Christmas from the in laws. Biggest pile of carp you can imagine. Took one out to change a plug for them whilst there. The flat blade terminal driver broke after a couple of screws can't imagine the Lidls ones would be worse.

I know it's sad but my favourite terminal driver is an old uninsulated thing my old man had when he worked for BG. Looks dog rough too it does. Stanley I think.

In a desperate need to slake my thirst for tools i have more of these than is clinically classed as 'a normal amount

new fein 110

second hand fein 240

coltech cordless.....3 off,Loooooong story but only paid for 1😀

colttech 240

fein stays at home for my woodworking projects now...too good for site

one cordless has a semi circ blade in it permanently....cannot beat it for plastic trunking

another is kept with a bimetal  blade in it

last week...changing 16mm back boxes for 35s

whazz around sides with any old blade...loosen box and remove.....vac on no mess

change blade to carbide

chain drill box sides

join holes with carbide blade

knock out

done no mess

you NEED to get on
I think theres a Channel 5 programme coming up about you ....guy whose house is knee deep in power tools , many still in their packaging , unused. Might be on Dave  or Brian .

I think theres a Channel 5 programme coming up about you ....guy whose house is knee deep in power tools , many still in their packaging , unused. Might be on Dave  or Brian .
They have all been used....WELL USED

if i have a power tool then I fret a bit until i have a 110,240 and cordless!  Unless its someting bigger like a Table Saw

people who do not know me think I am a bit odd

On the other hand , people that do know me .....

just saying

with the quality of battery tools always on the up, I don't really understand 110v tools.

Especially as you have to drag a massive lump of pig iron about too!

the only draw back I can see is the lack of 230V outlets on a site to charge your batteries.

:C

sorry but I'd sooner get the 110 and genny out if I have a lot to drill than risk losing more batteries to overworked. 

Cordless have there place but for real work a corded is better.