Combi Boiler

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, looks like Im going for a MAIN combi, halfway house I suppose,

done a stat for a gasman [that I do regular work for] tonight and asked him his thoughts, he said if money was that tight he would supply me a boiler [for what I could afford just now] and I could just work the remainder off to him, but in his opinion any of the boilers I was looking at were hit and miss as to quality and reliability, he recommended a MAIN for what I have for a budget.

he is to get back to me tomorrow with a price, but looks like he can get me a main [inc] for the price I can get it [plus] , which would put it into my budget, and still give me enough for a magnaclean,

he reckons that is a FAR better investment than a powerflush for a combi [only because its always been a combi system] ,

so, its some sludge cleaner in the system tomorrow for a few days (until I get the new one sorted) , then blow it through with the mains pressure using the filler loop, and fit the new boiler with some inhibitor.

Combi boilers can be a tempremental but often run for years with out fault, the boiler you are looking at, Potterton / Baxi main isnt bad, has a great hot water flow, make sure the system is spotless, hire a flushing machine and do it yourself, its straight forward, get a filter fitted -http://www.screwfix.com/p/fernox-tf1-total-filter-22mm/84311 and you should be golden.

note, if you can spend a little more, go go for the Vaillant Ecotec Pro 28

HTH

Ste

The condensate can go into a pit of lime if you don't have a drain nearby. I say lime it probably is something else. in fact can't remember what it is just remember they did this on a job on an outside boiler which was metres from the house. It was an oil boiler and they didn't want to smell the fumes.

Latest posts