Connecting ceiling speakers to network amplifier

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigel52

Reaction score
For two plus years I have been pondering how to connect my fitted ceiling speakers to an amplifier that I connect to via wifi and then stream music from my mobile.
To start with I am not going to go for multi room speakers just the main kitchen ones. The speaker cables go to my control room in the garage where I also have an ethernet switch which provides network connection from my broadband router around the house and to two wifi boosters. I'm trying to do this on a budget but as yet not come up wit an ideal answer. Any suggestions please.

I had considered

Fosi Audio BL20C 320 Watts Bluetooth 5.0 Power Amplifier USB Flash Drive Player 2.1 CH Mini Hi-Fi Class D TDA7498E Integrated Amp for Home Passive Speakers Powered Subwoofer £99 or​

LiNKFOR Stereo Audio Amplifier Bluetooth 5.0 Amplifier Receiver HiFi 40W x 2 Power Amplifier with LCD Display and Remote Control Supporting Multi Inputs Perfect Speaker Amplifier with Power Supply £35 but both bluetooth only.​

I guess I'm looking for something similar to Sonos but one set of speakers only to start with for circa £100

Hi Stuart, Im totally open to suggestions. My control room layout has the ceiling speaker feed cables and my router and ethernet switch amongst other tech.

Attachments​

Attachments

• Control room 1.jpg
    Control room 1.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 2
what have you driving the speakers now?
Hi Nothing at the moment just bare wires from the ceiling speakers to my control room in the garage.
Had considered a cheap bluetooth amplifier in the control room but would mean having to go to the conrtol room to turn on and off and to stream from my mobile and leaving my mobile in teh control room to ensure a good connection.

Latest posts