Do websites work???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugbymacc

Reaction score
Hi All

I've not got any web presence at the moment.

So.........

Is it worth it ?

Who do you use ?

And is it easy to build your own website using hosting facilities

cheers

Rather open ended in all aspects really that. Personally I wouldn;t even think about not having a domain name for emails at least, especially if you're trying to portray yourself as a professional.

As for the actual website, all depends how good you are at creating a website. TBH for all the info you'll likely need on it you could make something yourself as it doesn't need to be too enterprisey, but if you make it yourself it still needs to be half decent looking. Also you need to decide if you want to spend some time\money on making the site attract new customers or whether it needs to just show potential customers who have seen your web address what you do, sort of online brochure really.

Really it's your call on who builds it depending on how much you think your site will be used and why\what for. Also the potential audience will play a part as you need to build the site they want to see, so of they aren;t likely to need anything much then don;t put anything much there.

I didn't have a website until last year..

a customer asked if I had one and when I said I didn't she asked why not, that got me thinking and I looked into it a bit more (mostly on TEF).

A kind member gave me the bare bones of my website and then I added the content and did some tweaking (I still have more tweaking to do) ;)

I then had to look for a host... this cost me

Try a Google search for "free web templates". Many web designers allow you to modify a pre-designed professional web site as long as you leave certain code (advertising it was there design) within the HTML code. I have one and it looks the dogs donuts.

One thing you must do whichever route you take is use Google Analytics, which is free. Simply insert some code into each page and Analytics will track visitor numbers and behaviour. This tells you noy only who visited your web site, but how long they stayed, where they came from, where they went, and more importantly, where they didn't go.

One thing you must do whichever route you take is use Google Analytics, which is free. Simply insert some code into each page and Analytics will track visitor numbers and behaviour. This tells you noy only who visited your web site, but how long they stayed, where they came from, where they went, and more importantly, where they didn't go.
I wouldn;t say that's a must have, I can find all that out from my stats in the web control panel. If it's not neccesary it just slows the page down, I hate sitting looking at pages that just say 'waiting for analytics.google.com'.

You can design and host a website for free for 2 years. Its called get british businesses online. Its basic and free . Iv built my site using it

BTW..If you do create a website don't steal text, images or code without the owners permission... and don't link to anyone elses images as you don't have control over them.
dont listen to NOZ, he tried to tell me I had stole my avatar from him.!

friggin' t*****t. :D