Hager - Media Hub

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danmoriarty

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Basically, the situation is that I have not long finished the first fix (including an internal network) in my parents new build house (in Ireland)and have made the decision to use Hager equipment for second fix. Upon going through their stuff i stumbled across the "media hub" -

media hub nodeis Hager Africa and Near East

there are also links for this on google directing me to every other country apart from the uk, it seems it is not a product that is sold here according to the hager rep who ive been talking with.

Any how, I was just curious if anybody has used a Hager media hub at all? or any other form of domestic networking solution? I quite liked the idea of using the media hub because it will match my enclosure and look nice and tidy :) but it proving to be quite difficult to get hold of.

Whats the best solution for a domestic network?

Many Thanks

Dan

I've used these Kits on many jobs

Essentially you can configure the box to any combination by using a blank box and modules if the standard kits don't give you the mix you need

if you are interested PM and I'll give you the contact details etc

That looks similar to the emitex one. Not sure if it would be big enough. I need 2x 10 way tv splitter (one for normal tv and another for sky magic eye) 4 way telephone splitter, 12 way network switch and a router, and hopefully space for a network drive. I also have one cctv camera on the front door but not decided whether ill put it in the same housing. What kind of money are we talking for the one you've used?

Thanks

Dan

That looks similar to the emitex one. Not sure if it would be big enough. I need 2x 10 way tv splitter (one for normal tv and another for sky magic eye) 4 way telephone splitter, 12 way network switch and a router, and hopefully space for a network drive. I also have one cctv camera on the front door but not decided whether ill put it in the same housing. What kind of money are we talking for the one you've used? Thanks

Dan
The largest box has a lot of depth, you don't have to use it with the panels. may be best to keep the NAS outside of any box