How To Wire A 6Kw Hob To A Plug

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"The fuse kept going we thought it was faulty" is the usual response I get, though if not for the loose N connection the fuse should have gone unless it was replaced with something a bit less suitable.

:eek:

Is that flex or t&e?

Last edited by a moderator:
Now here is something to think about, Misssweden might know..

You know the neutral thing...... Does the same happen with aluminium conductors, or is it just copper ones.....  Could it be something to do with the metals involved?? Something to think about there!!

john...

I concluded years ago that people think Live is the most important connection, hence they tighten th screws better than earth and neutral thinking these mere annoyances and not really understanding what they are for :facepalm:

Now here is something to think about, Misssweden might know..

You know the neutral thing...... Does the same happen with aluminium conductors, or is it just copper ones.....  Could it be something to do with the metals involved?? Something to think about there!!

john...

Was it consac cable that had an ali sheath and copper cores (before they worked out it should be a the other way around)

Was called out to a convienience store, manager was convinced that they were 'running on backup up power' (backup systems in these stores consist of emergency lighting that sometimes complies with 5266!, a UPS for the tills and a ups for a server rack. I'm told that they have closed the store and switched off the lights as they keep flickering in order to preserve power. Manager is convinced that I'm going to find and reset a breaker he cant find and have them sorted in half an hour.... Well the CNE conductor had gone H/R (about 21 ohms) and voltages were floating all over the place. An hour later we had a chap from the DNO in an estate car with a small toolbag and laptop, by lunchtime the car park was full of DNO vans, one pulling a mini digger, another a generator (8).

The PVC sheath had been damaged and the ali sheath had just corroded away