I Don't Have Hot Water...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elouase

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am a French girl who has just arrived in the UK, at Newcastle, and I have some problems turning on the hot water tank. In France this is much easier so with all these buttons I am quite confused!

I am fed up with cold showers so I really hope you will be able to help me.

I have the electricity interruptor, which is on the "on" position.

Then I have a Newlec interruptor, and the problems start. I have a switcher off/timed (I have put it on the timed position), a big circle with the 24 hours. In it, there are some blue pushing buttons. I have guessed that when they are pushed to the outside the water is warming up, so from 12pm to 8 am every blue buttons are pushed to the outside and all the others are still headed to the inside. During the day, no light is on, but from 12pm to 8 am the "economy" light is.

The problem is that I still don't have hot water in the morning. The only way for me to have it is to press the "boost" button but I'm guessing this is way too much expensive.

Does the problem come from me or did I do everything like I was supposed to?

I hope someone can help me!

Thanks in advance

Eloise

Bonjour

Ca. Va?

I will now revert back to my english as h

The last time i spoke french was over 40 ans agoSOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE THE TIMER SET WRONG

YOu have proved the heater works by pressing BOOST. Boost is very expensive....unless the hot water tank has TWO elements

Try to have a look at the hot tank to see how many cables go to it

Try downloading a set of instructions fro

M the web fro the NEWLEC switch.....i cannot remember the settings, sorry

Yoy may have the CLOCK set wrong....there will be an arrow for the present time

The blue buttons may need their postion swapping to the inner position instead of the outer position

Try this then get back to us

Merci / Thank you both for your answers! This is very nice of you to try to help me.

When I look at the installation, I see too tanks. One big of 125 litres and a tiny one just above the big one.

The big one has 3 cables coming to it. The tiny doesn't have any.

The arrow is just between 14 and 15 so I think the clock should be set right?

I have just put back the blue buttons to the inner position; no light is on. Is it normal?

I'll try to download the instructions from the website, but I'm quite ignorant even in French so I can't imagine in English! But I'll do my best.

Merci, au revoir.

Thank you again!

I can't see any switch at the cylinder end...

About the cables, if you meant a pipe connected to the programmer, there are 2. One at the bottom and one in the middle, both connected to the big tank. When I said 3 cables I thought it was the pipes that go to the kitchen and bathroom, but I'm guessing that this is useless.

Maybe a photo would be helpful?

When the "economy" light is on, does it mean that the water in warming up or that nothing is happening?

Thank you again to all of you, I really appreciate your help.

Eloise

I have just moved in my appartment 3 days ago so maybe the girl before had tripped it?!

Could you explain to me how to reset it please? I don't know anything about that...

remove bottom cover. look for a re-set button. press it, if it clicks it had tripped and is now reset. reset button is not always obvious, if you cant find it, take a pic of the thermostat and post it here

I have removed the cover. As you guessed, I can't find any reset button, I am sending you the photos :

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/327169image591.jpg

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/908256image631.jpg

Can you see it? Or maybe it wasn't the same cover you were talking about...

Thank you very much.
Whoops, wrong cover

Take the cover off the LOWER of the two heaters on the side of the tank.....blue cover....one screw.......do NOT touch anything else.

Make sure all,switches are OFF

Latest posts