I Should Wear Armour

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank god I wear glasses as today whilst tightening up a 3/4 inch but (nut) and bolt my socket spanner slipped and came flying at my face hitting my glasses and forehead at what felt like 200mph,,, I have a nice lump now :eek: :shakehead

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank god I wear glasses as today whilst tightening up a 3/4 inch but (nut) and bolt my socket spanner slipped and came flying at my face hitting my glasses and forehead at what felt like 200mph,,, I have a nice lump now :eek: :shakehead
OK,

now,

Im gonna do a sidey,

was it a NUT

or

a BOLT

it does make a difference,

nuts and bolts of equal size normally have differing torque settings,

were you torquing it up appropriately?

or merely to the point before it rings?

does it matter,?

was it actually tight enough?

were you using a 1/4" socket, or was it a spanner, or even a wrench.?

did you not do a RA and follow the method statement,?

sounds like an avoidable incident, your H&S person needs informed, and, it looks like you were negligent, and could well be sacked.......

not looking good for you Noz,  ;)

OK,

now,

Im gonna do a sidey,

was it a NUT

or

a BOLT

does it matter,?

sounds like an avoidable incident, your H&S person needs informed, and, it looks like you were negligent, and could well be sacked.......

:slap

Theres a lesson here.... don't buy cheap glasses! :)

OK,

now,

Im gonna do a sidey,

was it a NUT

or

a BOLT

does it matter,?

I know Steps,,, not looking good

But I'm having trouble remembering if it was one of the 3/4"or 17mm bolts into a captive nut or if it was a nut and bolt,,,, but what I do remember is that I should have used a short extension bar as the ratchet spanner was right up against another bolt (and being pushed over a bit)

Not very good all round especially when you take the lack of PPE into account :( :coat

;) ; )

well at least it wasnt as bad as me this morning... in a layby, just off the main road... removing wheel & brake caliper to get the disc off to remove the destroyed remains of brake shoes....

well at least it wasnt as bad as me this morning... in a layby, just off the main road... removing wheel & brake caliper to get the disc off to remove the destroyed remains of brake shoes....

Disc  Andy?  Looks like drum brakes to me .                 Still a bleedin' nightmare though . Are you back on the road.

Disc  Andy?  Looks like drum brakes to me .                 Still a bleedin' nightmare though . Are you back on the road.

its disc foot brake with drum handbrake.

we were going off road for the day - got 3 miles from home. made horrible noise, pulled over, thought something to do with handbrake, ripped it apart, removed broken bits and put back together. no handbrake, but still foot brake still works as it should, so continued off road for the day

fortunately, i took my tool boxes with me, so only put us back 15 mins

(not that im pessimistic, but usually end up breaking something and needing a temporary repair)

Last edited by a moderator: