Inverters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alibole

Reaction score
Newbie question please,.....I am looking into the , Conversol A5 3kw inverter or the Victron multispace 3kw. Does anyone have a view about what's the best for a 2kw off grid with 8 x130 ah batteries AGM done in series 24v that would just be used when there is a power cut, it will only run 2usb lights in house along with a TV and my internet there will be nothing else in house switched on , fridge freezer would be off, and no cooker. ( I do have a 'dead man' switch fitted) I would be grateful for any help.
Alibole

Newbie question please,.....I am looking into the , Conversol A5 3kw inverter or the Victron multispace 3kw. Does anyone have a view about what's the best for a 2kw off grid with 8 x130 ah batteries AGM done in series 24v that would just be used when there is a power cut, it will only run 2usb lights in house along with a TV and my internet there will be nothing else in house switched on , fridge freezer would be off, and no cooker. ( I do have a 'dead man' switch fitted) I would be grateful for any help.
Alibole
I dont know about Conversol, never heard of them. Victron however is well known, well engineered and a great system if you should wish to expand it later. It offers great flexibility.

Thank you for your reply the Conversol 3kw inverter is supplied by voltacon
Looks like a really old spec inverter, it still has cooling fans which most inverters ditched about 8years ago in favour of convection cooling. Fans get clogged with dust and are a weak point in inverter design. Now that doesn't mean it won't do the job, but I would go with Victron every time. Apart from good build quality, Victron has quite a fan base, meaning lots of support groups.

Voltacon supplied my Pylontech US3000C battery and seem to be reputable.

The Conversol inverter is about half the price of Victron units.

But operation seems to be entirely driven by the inverter modes, with no CT connection.

And no mention of an app to monitor it with a tablet etc.

"Victron multispace 3kw"

Did you mean MultiPlus ?

Voltacon supplied my Pylontech US3000C battery and seem to be reputable.

The Conversol inverter is about half the price of Victron units.

But operation seems to be entirely driven by the inverter modes, with no CT connection.

And no mention of an app to monitor it with a tablet etc.

"Victron multispace 3kw"

Did you mean MultiPlus ?
Victron does have input for CT

Thank you all for replys does anyone recommend a victron inverter not the multiplus 2 the inverter has to be off grid

Multiplus II can be run off grid. What are you trying to achieve?
I have 2kw 24v don't want 48v with 8 agm batteries each 130 ah also we have a dead mans switch, the system will only be for power cuts, it will only run two usb lights the tv and our Internet everthing else in house will be switched off
Multiplus II can be run off grid. What are you trying to achieve?

I have 2kw 24v don't want 48v with 8 agm batteries each 130 ah
Not a problem Multiplus II is available in 24v

also we have a dead mans switch, the system will only be for power cuts, it will only run two usb lights the tv and our Internet everthing else in house will be switched off
Multiplus 2 can do that

I know about the multiplus I was wondering if there was any other inverters that would do same job the multiplus is a bit pricy for such a little system which would only be now and again but again thank you for your help

Alibole
I have an epever 3kw hybrid inverter charger hm10022 (24v) About £550, so cheap price. They are known to produce reliable hardware, but you dont get all the bells and whistles that you will get with a victron. But, you can add the bells and whistles yourself if you have the time at a later stage.

I know about the multiplus I was wondering if there was any other inverters that would do same job the multiplus is a bit pricy for such a little system which would only be now and again but again thank you for your help
SMA also do an off-grid range, not cheap either, but solid German gear. I'm fairly sure Solis and solax do off grid options as well, although I can't remember if that's a standard inverter set for off-grid or a different range to the grid tied options. might be worth a quick email to their technical helpline.

Latest posts