Method statement

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just thought I add my question to this thread even though it's 6 months old.

I have to quote for some work and they require a method statement for the work, the job is basically re-lamping in a shop store room (12 foot ceilings) and may also involve replacing a couple of fittings, now I've never had the need to think about producing a method statement before so any help would be appreciated.

.......and I've had a look in the downloads section and can't find anything:(

If I can find the time can I post a general format in?

Salient features and all that?

It would be on the lines of , ( in Noz's case) describing how you intend to carry out the work.

Such as :-

1. The work will need to to be done out of opening hours ,otherwise customers will be at risk with work carried out above them.

2. A mobile tower will be used to reach the ceiling .

3. Some of the shop displays will have to be moved by yourselves.

4. We will dispose of the dead lamps .

5. We estimate that the work will take up 4 hours .

Keep it simple, its all a load of male dangly bits anyway.

It would be on the lines of , ( in Noz's case) describing how you intend to carry out the work.Such as :-

1. The work will need to to be done out of opening hours ,otherwise customers will be at risk with work carried out above them.

2. A mobile tower will be used to reach the ceiling .

3. Some of the shop displays will have to be moved by yourselves.

4. We will dispose of the dead lamps .

5. We estimate that the work will take up 4 hours .

Keep it simple, its all a load of male dangly bits anyway.
Version for H & S

1) We will inform the police to enusre the road is closed while the work is carried out.

2) A goverment approved scafolding contractor will be enployed to erect platforms.

3) Ambulance and Fire services will be informed and have personel present at the site.

4) The local hospital will be put on alert and bring in extra staff in case of an incident.

Real World

1) Me and my mate will go in with some steps, he will stand on the bottem of the steps while I change the lights, we will take the money and go home.

:)

Screwfix do the same. They're the best ladders for a vertigo sufferer I've come across. 100% rating.

Cheers

The Method Statement and Risk Assessment culture Part Pees me off TBH , although I've only done a few jobs where the Main Contractor was following that course . One was moving a print works to different premises, they kicked off on day one by saying my wooden step ladders ( 3 sets of 7 /8tread) were unsafe . " How do you know they are safe?" "How about we have been testing them for the last 20 years and they seem to be OK, plus your guys must think they are safe as they keep using them because you don't seem to supply them with any"

They gave up on the steps.

They started to inspect our 110v stuff till we pointed out their guy's 240v leads running everywhere ,no RCDs .

They gave up altogether with a parting shot of " You must wear the High viz and hard hats "

Latest posts