new cu earthing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cueball1978

Reaction score
Hi

I'm installing a new cu and the earthing needs upgrading to 17th ed. It is TN-S and around the oncoming supply where the sheath is there is a braided wire connected to the earthing block. 17th says that the oncoming needs to be 16mm so how do I replace the weird braided wire? Is there a new sheath you need to get?

Any help will be helpful thanks

Stacy.

That braided earth wire belongs to the supply operator, connect it into an Earth block and take your 16mm from it to your C U.

Last edited by a moderator:
U can't replace that it's upto the electric suppliers I'd put a earth bar right next to the supply head then take your bonding from there and the earth to the cu what is the ze it may be ok

U can't replace that it's upto the electric suppliers I'd put a earth bar right next to the supply head then take your bonding from there and the earth to the cu what is the ze it may be ok
then phone DNO and ask tell them to come and upgrade THEIR earthing :slap

Had this problem a few months ago on a rewire all there main earthing was corroded the meter board was rotten as there had been loads of damp put my new cu on some treated decking timber told client that they need to get in touch with DNo as it needed addressing and there ze was too high

Weeks later someone turned up looked at it said they couldn't make that decision they need there top engineer out he turns up says its fine.

Dunno y we bother sometimes