Pushfit connectors in a chocbox

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theorysparky

Domestic Electrician
Reaction score
Here is a few pics of how i dress these 'Ideal' connectors in a choc box after a question on another thread

all connectors 'sit' end on

2 x 4 way.......1 x 3 way........1 x 2 way

Pushfitconnectorsandchocbox1-1.jpg

Tie wrapped to lid

Pushfitconnectorsandchocbox2-1.jpg

Finnished job

Pushfitconnectorsandchocbox3.jpg

Pretty Much how I do it. :)

Thanks Mate. :D

looks vastly quicker than old methods

deffo fine with solid core

probably fine with stranded

how do the push fits get on with flex?

Tried those Wagoboxes? Got a sample one and they seem good so I may order some more.

Tried those Wagoboxes? Got a sample one and they seem good so I may order some more.
they are just wago's with choc box isn't it ian?

looks vastly quicker than old methodsdeffo fine with solid core

probably fine with stranded

how do the push fits get on with flex?[/QUOTE]

the flex works better with wago lever type

They also work fine with stranded (either push or lever).

ive always found the clamp of them by far the worst part, love the cable tie idea.

thanks for posting the pics, i will also borrow that cable tie idea.

Now that everyone else has admitted it , I am also gonna steal that cable tie idea :) :)
Theory you missed your chance at being a millionare ........... COPYRIGHT the idea fast ROTFWL ROTFWL ROTFWL

1st time iv seen this thread , like the cable tie idea , will put into practice from now on. Guinness

Cheers

out of the blue but i find helicon connectors dont fit as well as the wago in the choc box

wago bit more slimline, particualy the 4 way wago connectors fit better.

thats a really good idea using the cable tie as them clamps are poop.

thanks mate!

I'm not going to steal the tie wrap idea, because it's how I've always done it ;)

Now I may be wrong, but I'm sure I read in the wago instructions that you shouldn't mix solid and stranded in the same connector. Again, may be wrong, may have been dreaming. I don't usually use wagos, I use Ideal, but I got a sample box of wago's at Elex 2010.