Retail therapy?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
With all the doom & gloom surrounding the decline of the British high street, (even the big orange shed is in trouble) I was thinking is there anywhere I like to go and shop?

Sadly, the answer is no, I cannot think of a single shop I want to go to even if they had a 90% sale.

Okay so I'm skint and have been for a few years.

Disposable income is a thing of the past for many people and I think that austerity has caused a lot the trouble on the high st despite a lot of the high streets problems being internal over financing issues.

So what do you guys think?

Is there a shop you like to spend money in? 

id rather go tool shopping. but not enough money (or space) for everything id want to buy

Same here but where? 

Obviously there is screwfix and foolstation or in your case machine mart but I don't really see those as shopping more just write out a ticket get your stuff and go, when was the last time you asked a screwfix employee for advice? 

There are a few tool shops I used to go to but most are gone now or their prices are too high due to rents and business rates.

I want to replace our aged iPad ... PC World have the one I want on offer ..........

Anyone interested in a 2nd hand iPad 2 16gb unit?

PC world.... watch out for that extended toilet paper warranty.

Nope definitely wouldn't go there! 

New Look’s shoe department. :D  But that’s because I know exactly what fits me in there so I can order it online if they don’t have my size in store. Hardly ever go in shops these days, 90% of my stuff I buy online. 

All my shopping at the moment is for building materials, kitchen and bathroom stuff etc.

Do you know how long it took to find a concealed lavatory cistern with a flush plate that the ladies of the house would accept?

Latest posts