Signing Off For Building Control

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash

Reaction score
So I get to a client's house to do an EICR to then have him tell me about building control not allowing the certificate issued by the previous polish electrician to be used because the registration number he provided did not match any part p bodies.

He presented me with the certificate

He has used a number, but I can't tell if it's NICEIC, Elecsa etc.

Here's the game

Who can find the most errors wins

eic3.jpg

eic2.jpg

eic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy obviously does not have a clue about electrics. I will leave others to spot the faults although it amuses me he has a 20mm earth and a 2 wire TNS supply.

I think you should blank out the customers details. Leave in the 'electricians' though.

The guy obviously does not have a clue about electrics. I will leave others to spot the faults although it amuses me he has a 20mm earth and a 2 wire TNS supply.

I think you should blank out the customers details. Leave in the 'electricians' though.
how about a 252 pole main switch? :slap

I can't see the test results for the RCD's

10mA RCD for the first bank of circuits?

Slight lack of ANY R1, R2 or continuity measurements.

EDIT

Oh hang on, the "maximum permitted Zs" column IS his 'test results' 

Oh deary me.  3 ring finals all with identical readings, how likely is that? A work of fiction I fear.

I think the 252 pole isolator referred to how many of his polish friends helped him fill the cert out. A tn-s with an earth electrode resistance of 11 which next page is n/a, I can't say the guy is a poor electrician but I can say he doesn't know how to fill in a certificate, but at least he made an attempt......

Could nit pick it all night as there's more wrong than right

Nice to see at least he's put all sockets on 1 rcd and lights on other lol

Oh dear....................working well isn't it this part P thing.

My favorite is section 5 Test instruments ......................chuffing superb he has correctly filled it in :slap , Oh maybe not Insulation resistance = None

Could nit pick it all night as there's more wrong than right

Nice to see at least he's put all sockets on 1 rcd and lights on other lol
But even the way he has filled in that is wrong. Only 1 way per rcd when it must be 2, so all the circuit numbers are out of sync.

The biggest mistake is in Section 4, Next inspection.  I reckon it should be daily  :slap

My money is on the name used is made up....................bit like the rest of the cert

Here's the tragedy you could pass a copy of this onto any one of the registration bodies or other governing bodies and NONE of them would be interested in it.

Why? Could it be as someone posted before bs7671 is not recognised in British law?

Attempted to edit my post to blank out the customer, but I can't find where to do it

They wouldn't be bothered with it because none of the scam operators has been named on the cert..........................apart from ECA in section 6?

Please refrain from posting peoples names and address's on certificates - the post has been modified to blank out such details

Here's the tragedy you could pass a copy of this onto any one of the registration bodies or other governing bodies and NONE of them would be interested in it.

Why? Could it be as someone posted before bs7671 is not recognised in British law?
Unless he falsely claimed to be a NICEIC member, THEN they would have him in court.

Not for doing dangerous work, or failing to test and document the results properly, but for copyright infringement.