Something odd just happened....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dozed off on the sofa watching tv and was awoken by MAD hail and thunder went to turn the TV off and sockets tripped.

baddayexplode

The rcbo won't reset, I've unplugged some stuff (not gonna wake up the house)  but still not resetting... plugged the fridge into the other sockets and that's working fine.

Not gonna find out until tomorrow but thought it was odd.   :shakehead

Properly mad weather, not seen hail like that for a long long time! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Last one I had due to heavy rain was a part filled jb on a neighbours ring. Single front end RCD was duff anyway. Trying to reset the 30A mcb and you could actually hear the water fizzing and boiling off above the ceiling. Flat roof so I had him cut a section of ceiling out. Rat / squirrel city and soaking wet!  :wacko:

@ProDave

Bang on there mate!

It appears that a bit of flashing on the corner of the roof near the gutter has become damaged, possibly due to previous MAD weather. 

The water had got in to the top of the back box via a slightly bent knockout at the perfect angle to land on the terminals.  :eek:

Pure coincidence that I had turned the telly off at that exact moment, I thought that there may have been enough static in the air to upset the RCBO's electronics or something?

Quick fix with a blind grommet and a trip to bozzo land....

Now just got to deal with the roof! 🤕

Where can I hire a cherry picker? :lol:

@Evans Electric

Is having no Wi-Fi considered a danger to life these days???

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/met-office-issues-danger-life-14711660.amp

:slap

20180527_100737.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a fine show in Basingstoke apparently.............air temp has gone up here.

We have plenty of that up here. In fact it's been so dry for so long I might have to start watering the lawn. And no we don't yet have a shortage of water.

Can't you extract from the burn? Is there a limit to this and if so how would "they" ever check?

Latest posts