spur control in a kitchen

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choccy

Reaction score
Hi again I have just finished a part rewire in a house and the guy from the insurance is now saying that there should be a spur to control all appliances which are slid under the kitchen worktops. I know in new builds and rewires this is common practice but is there any REGS on this matter becausse I can't seem to find anything.

Any coments would be great thanks.

i dont know of an actual regulation unless it comes under isolation, but i would always try and allow full isolation before moving an appliance in case the flex got caught when pushing it back and damaged at least if its switched off no one could hurt

As far as I know the criteria is " an accessible means of isolation " . So if your socket is behind the wash M/c its not really accessible but if its in the next unit then it is.

Well thats where I put 'em . Used to fit spurs and/or DP switches but others will out quote you .

Insurance assessors will find anything they can to get out of paying up in the event of a loss, I can only assume this is a new one they have found.