Three Phase

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGreekGeek

Reaction score
I am on a 3 fase circuit at a kent hospital where they want 2 unipact drylon machines installed as a hybrid for the smaller ones should i use the 400 or 240?

You'd best check with the machine technical guys  or the hospital engineer .  It can't be solved on here.   Are you the only one on the job?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am on a 3 fase circuit at a kent hospital where they want 2 unipact drylon machines installed as a hybrid for the smaller ones should i use the 400 or 240?
I think EAWR1989 reg 16, page 39 of memorandum of guidance, suggests that this work should not be undertaken by yourself...

But I may be wrong???

:coat

how long is the bit of string in my pocket?  going to need a lot more info if we are to able to help.

how long is the bit of string in my pocket?  going to need a lot more info if we are to able to help.
Here we go again.....

as i have said on numerous previous occasions.....the piece of string is twice as long as it is from one end to the middle.

string is simple......i think the info required by the poster is a LOT more involved

just being

Veze Faze fings are scary, right on.

It can be an ishyou deciding which to do

I nowe the guys have said that 400 could be good - but I`d always start small, and go up if it isn`t rite

Be careful though - I remeber doing a room out with 7 or 8 drylon machines, that were 4 fase!

Here we go again.....

as i have said on numerous previous occasions.....the piece of string is twice as long as it is from one end to the middle.

string is simple......i think the info required by the poster is a LOT more involved

just being
LOL

if you tie the ends together to make a loop how long is it then???

I was apprenticed to a Greek bloke many years ago. As a wet behind the ears 16 year old I didn't have a clue but just did as I was told. Worked away with him at the Glasgow Britoil building in the earlly 80's. Part of my in depth training involved heavy drinking  and being sent from site for take-aways in the middle of the night. The up and coming area that it was meant I had all the "ladies of the night" calling out for me to spend my hard earned pittance on a good time! Think we used to park under the motorway flyover and in the mornings it was littered with the ladie's "rubbish" from the night before! Anyway, Andreas, his English wasn't too good. Every time something went wrong he'd curse and say "**** my elbows!". I thought this sounded really cool having not been exposed to much site etiquette up to then so I adopted it myself (chips with breakfast was another revelation).

A few years passsed and I was on another site. Something went wrong and I cursed. After the funny looks this lad said "Erm.........I think you mean BOOTS mate!"

LOL

if you tie the ends together to make a loop how long is it then???
Still the same length as you have  just used the existing piece  of string, surely?

if however this is a virgin piece of string then, assuming the knot has a finite length of ' n'

the overall " stretched flat" length of the loop is 'k'

then.    The overall length will be. 2 nk

or to put it into letters and remove numbers the answer will be TWONK!

Me? Bored?  Too flipping true

Like a wetlon machine but for use in less humid conditions. ...

Latest posts