Ufh Recomendations ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

totalstu

Reaction score
I have fitted many underfloor heating kits in small bathrooms and kitchens and have always gone with the mat kits as they are cheap and fast to install, with a nice digital stat they look the part and have never had any issue with them.
However this week i have been asked to fit heating directly under an engineered oak floor that is 70m2
and a second to be set in the screed when it is poured for a room that is 18m2
Anyone got any good recommendations on brands or kits to go for ?

My recommendation and I know nothing about the job would be wet, wet and wet again. Does the customer know how much that will cost to run? 

I would happily go down the wet system route but they do not want any disturbance to the front of the house where the current underfloor manifold is and their plumber has told them that the existing boiler is too low a btu for the installed underfloor let alone with an extra 80m2.

Electric underfloor for wood is 150 watt to 200 watt per metre sq. so they are looking at a minimum of 43 amps. No doubt they will be ones that say they cannot understand why the electric bill is so high.

As per my first post have you done any calcs for them, I just done some back of fag packet ones and its scary. 

Latest posts