vauxhall combo

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulman

Reaction score
thinking of buying a vauxhall combo anyone got one, any good? looking at cdti 1.3

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were you mate id go for the 1.7 diesel as its the isuzu engine which is the better engine i believe. Few of my mates have had these and i would think the 1.3 is underpowered but see what others say.

One of my pals had a ecu problem when he bought it which costed

thinking of buying a vauxhall combo anyone got one, any good? looking at cdti 1.3
I've got a Peugeot Expert 55 plate for sale if your interested 12months MOT and 6 Months tax very good van colour white 1.9 diesal 54000 on the clock.

Combo may be a bit on the small size for all your gear.

Van is year 06 fully ply lined inside set of shelving on one side,3 seats double side load doors c/locking,cd player,body work is mint no dinks or dents,parcel shelf above head in cab plenty of room in it.

The Combo is rather small, but that's up to you. If you do decide they're right for you, I 'd go for the 1.7 as Mat says. Watch out for rusty sump pan though, very common problem for them to rust through and dump the oil on the road. A pattern sump will be about

yer, their not bad vans. I used to drive one in my old job was just like driving a car really. It was tidy to drive until there was no oil and the engine blew up doing 60 lol.

I've just got rid of my vauxhall combo cdti 1.3

Its quite a good van, the reason i got rid of mine was because it wasn't big enough. They are really comfortable to drive, and are be really good on fuel eco. 1.3 seemed quick enough to me, turbo used to get it going quite well although it did used to struggle on windy motorways/ hills if heavy loaded.

Not sure how reliable they are, some say they are but had a few problems with mine- diesel pump amongst other things.

Depends if you think you can get away with fitting all your stuff in, it is a small van. I made the mistake of thinking mine would fit, the back was always a jumbled mess. Never find anything- Drove me mad!

Ive just bought a swb transit, wish id just bought this in first place

I drove a combo for 3 years, prior to starting this full time. Great to drive and cheap to run. Never had a problem, started first time every time.

Had to get rid though as it's far too small for all your gear. I've got the swb trannie as well now.