Well christmas is started already

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its amazing what you recycle some thing from was originally a wardrobe that was replaced and now turned into the new christmas sleigh.
I have a 4' x2' board with a piece of 3x2 scrwewd to,the back of it. This is clamped in workmate to provide a mobile workbench. The wood came from a wardrobe I ripped out of my daughters house 10 years ago!.....and it's not MDf, plas or ply!  It's pieces of 4x1 bonded together to make a board. Must have cost a fortune ( also got a 6' piece as a pasting table

Have you done much with LED 'neon'? Came across the Idea a while ago, and thought it would be ideal to repair a santa claus wire frame silhouette that currently has old skool rope light with filament lamps on, and half it it is out

ill be using ardino or rennard lighting controllers 

and it will hope fully be to music 
Now theres something I hadn't heard mention of for a few years, I can remember such things being mentioned on a website called planet christmas about fifteen years ago...

If your neighbours can see you over the fence, they may be double checking their calendars, thinking time really has flown by during this lock-down! With dry weather and stay-home instructions, I bet you are glad to have a bit of outdoor space and a good project to keep you occupied?  Nice work, We will look forward to the official switching on video with the full music & light presentation in December.

Doc H. 

Have you got plenty of other projects to keep you busy if lockdown continues?  

Doc H.

a few more images upto now sleigh tracks are now painted the standard black with added glitter just the snow effect to do along the bottom and the sleigh body is the reddish colour awaiting its third coat then drilling the lights out starts last is the seat to paint in grey then fianl touches are the stenciling and added holly plus wiring and controller packs and reindeer connections underneath the bed will be completely black as its against the floor 

View attachment 10656

View attachment 10657

View attachment 10658

View attachment 10659

View attachment 10660

View attachment 10661

View attachment 10662

View attachment 10663