Why is my Display wider than my Screen? How do I corrrect it?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Guys, As some of you may know, I have had PC of late. Reset my monitor back to "As close as I could get it before", But when I switched the PC on Today - The Webage display is too wide for my monitor.

Monitor is a TV, Digital Freeview, DVD Player and Computer monitor all-in-one.

I have tried the preset pixels in "Right click on blank Screen -> Properties -> Display Properties -> Settings tab -> And Slide the Slider under the heading of "Screen resolution".

I have also tried the font size under the "Apperance Tab" as I adjusted that Yesterday.

My screen is 1024 x 768 and even that is slightly off of the sides. :_|

I know is could be that the System has also installed / used the wrong driver for my monitor (from reading up on the net) - through the device manager) - but I have never installed a driver for my Monitor? (I am almost certain that I didn't).

Any help would be appreciated.

Please keep advice in simple terms as I am not PC advance as our Sandra. :(

** EDIT **

Forgot to mention that the TV / Monitor that I have is the " Technika LCD19DVDID-107 ". (Shown in the two (2) images, Below)...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

16.JPG

17.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
have you checked your display setting in the display menu, go to your desktop page page right click mouse, click with left mouse button on the properties at the bottom of menu, a menue appears click on the setting tab at the right hand side, at the bottom on the left, theres something called screen resolution with a slider bar, use that bar to make the screen change its size hope that helps.

The text and Icons are too big too.

I have reduced the Icon size down to 25.... "Right click on blank Screen -> Properties -> Display Properties -> Appearance tab -> Click on Advanced Tab -> Item -> from the drop down menu, select "Icon" and select the size from the Drop Down menu to the right of it.

But it is still too, wide and too high. :_|

have you checked your display setting in the display menu, go to your desktop page page right click mouse, click with left mouse button on the properties at the bottom of menu, a menue appears click on the setting tab at the right hand side, at the bottom on the left, theres something called screen resolution with a slider bar, use that bar to make the screen change its size hope that helps.
Guys, As some of you may know, I have had PC of late. Reset my monitor back to "As close as I could get it before", But when I switched the PC on Today - The Webage display is too wide for my monitor.Monitor is a TV, Digital Freeview, DVD Player and Computer monitor all-in-one.

I have tried the preset pixels in "Right click on blank Screen -> Properties -> Display Properties -> Settings tab -> And Slide the Slider under the heading of "Screen resolution".

I have also tried the font size under the "Apperance Tab" as I adjusted that Yesterday.

My screen is 1024 x 768 and even that is slightly off of the sides. :_|

I know is could be that the System has also installed / used the wrong driver for my monitor (from reading up on the net) - through the device manager) - but I have never installed a driver for my Monitor? (I am almost certain that I didn't).

Any help would be appreciated.

Please keep advice in simple terms as I am not PC advance as our Sandra. :(
Yes Badge, Mate. :(

You may need drivers as it seems that your monitor is not advising your PC of all the modes it supports. Have you also got the correct driver for your graphics card installed and applied all those updates from MS for winows?

There are no drivers for the monitor as it is a "Plug & Play"...

Here are 4 Screenshots for you...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Device Manager Screenshot 1.JPG

Device Manager Screenshot 2.JPG

Device Manager Screenshot 3.JPG

Device Manager Screenshot 4.JPG

Didn't see your reply there, Ian, Sorry.

Please see my Post (with Screenshots, Above).

Many Thanks.

:D

sounds like its your TV.

Check the screen settings and make sure the format is not set to auto!

Set it to a preset of say 4:3 or whatever and then the TV screen resolution is fixed.

Then try and adjust the computer screen driver and tell me what happens.

sounds like its your TV.Check the screen settings and make sure the format is not set to auto!

Set it to a preset of say 4:3 or whatever and then the TV screen resolution is fixed.

Then try and adjust the computer screen driver and tell me what happens.
PERFECT - Thank You. :Blushing I don't know what it was set on before, but it is on auto now (And used to be in the past too), and it is looking gooood.

I have tried the Font size "Normal, large and extra Large) and my font it still showing Small.

X(

Many Thanks,

Admin.

PERFECT - Thank You. :Blushing I don't know what it was set on before, but it is on auto now (And used to be in the past too), and it is looking gooood.I have tried the Font size "Normal, large and extra Large) and my font it still showing Small.

X(

Many Thanks,

Admin.
i did say try the auto thing all the way back in post 4...

as for font size, is it on everything, or just certain programs etc? i.e firefox? if you hold control whilst moving the scroll wheel on mouse, the font size changes

Almost a redundant question, what type of cable are you using an analogue (DB15 blue insert on TV) connector or digital DVi (with white insert on TV)?

I would guess analog if he is having to auto it. Never had to do that with a digital connection as they tend to advertise themselves correctly.

This PC is still not right and it is doing my head in.

Text is too small, and The alignment is all over the place.

Just when I seem to have got it right - I switch it off and when it is turned back on again, it is all to cock.

I have used the Ctrl and mouse scroll for text size, works on one page (even though is pushes the size of the screen out) but doen's work on any new pages that I open.

Grrr. X(

Pictures of the actual Monitor/tv added to my Opening Post. :)