compact double poled rcbo's

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugbymacc

Reaction score
Hi All

just letting you know that these things are becoming available

and this is their make up

VOLEX BUSBAR.jpg

VOLEX BOARD.jpg

with the copper busbars connecting directly to the Main Switch, see attachments. The board shown is a Volex 7-module, 5-way board, with 4 x CRBs fitted and one way spare. Both Neutral and Live would normally have insulators fitted, giving double-thickness insulation between busbars, but the insulators have been left off in the photo, to show the busbar designs.

Interesting !!

more info as requested

CRB6K Consumer Unit  Leaflet JPEG - LATEST.jpg

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 14:55 ---------- Previous post was made at 14:52 ----------

The man supplying these is the area assessor for my P-part Scheme

rcbo.jpg

Interesting concept.

I would like to see those busbars insulated. Otherwise there's great potential for bad day explode

The only upstream protection being the DNO's fuse.

And dead links for me as well.

It is (the link I mean).

Interesting.

This isnt the board that was under development by somebody on the IET forum 2009/10 is it? remember reading something there about this type of set up.

Haven't checked the link yet but is this similar to the GE DP single mod MCB with 2 switches?

http://gepowercontrols.com/eu/resources/literature_library/catalogs/residential/downloads/UNIBIScatUKfinal3.pdf

Yours is a different link Dan, aren't your links for a compact 3-phase MCB (taking 2 module slots), rather than Rugbymac's Two pole RCBO's ? Unless I haven't read far enough down your link.

Doc H.

Hi Doc

If you look at PDF page 6 it shows the range, they do a 1+1 pole MCB single mod with individual switches so basically 2 mcb's combined into one module. Further in the file they do a compact RCBO also. Looks interesting. I'll have to get some prices.