10Mm Cable Near Hw Pipe

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gland plates are availible

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WKEC308.html?source=adwords&kw=&gclid=CLHXs53NrscCFUzHtAodwrMJQA

quote name="steptoe" post="392951" timestamp="1439754407"]You have said you have TNCS earthing,

Is it PME? 

You WILL have problems with exporting that.

Second point, how have you terminated the SWA at the Wiska box? 

I have not yet seen a good method of terminating a SWA at a Wiska box,  the gland thread doesn't usually protrude inwards enough and usually means using a galv female coupler, with a locknut and male coupler
Yes

I've seen them, but maybe it's the glands I use, they don't seem to enter the box enough to get those on, or a piranha nut either, maybe it depends on the cable size Vs box size,,, 

Just measured a SWA branded CW20S gland,

Thread length 10mm

Wall thickness of a 3" Wiska box, 7mm

Hardly much to get an earth on, barely more than a thread. 

Just measured a SWA branded CW20S gland,

Thread length 10mm

Wall thickness of a 3" Wiska box, 7mm

Hardly much to get an earth on, barely more than a thread. 
It is touch and go and as I say, the Wiska box I used had a 'raised' part in the moulding that prevented the nut getting a decent start on the gland threads. I cut it off flush with the actual wall of the box with a Bosch Multi Cutter and that was enough to get the nut on securely. It did take a bit of patience mind you and I wouldn't have wanted to encroach any further into the wall of the box for fear of weakening it.

Latest posts