16 amp and 6 amp breakers on boilers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i always thought that was technically the case too, some sort of level of gas safe to open boilers up.

Most plumbers do their wiring if its a simple connect in. I can honestly say i've never met a single plumber with defined scope/limited part p so il hardly be rushing out to do GS to carry on doing CH wiring.

I believe their regs were amended at some point to allow us to connect the boiler. I did see it hi-lighted on a forum at some point. Ive heard some say we cant wire up a unvented cylinder without G3 but am unsure of this and didnt find much in the building regs, seems ridiculous though.

you can take the cover off any boiler, provided you dont take the cover of the combustion chamber. this is nothing new. but in some older boilers, the combustion cover was also the case.

I believe their regs were amended at some point to allow us to connect the boiler. I did see it hi-lighted on a forum at some point. Ive heard some say we cant wire up a unvented cylinder without G3 but am unsure of this and didnt find much in the building regs, seems ridiculous though.
interesting,

wonder how I wire up my ASHPs then?

cos without a minimum of part P plumbers cant do that, and Im not doing an unvented just to connect some cables....

why oh why oh why do we have all these rules that contradict each other?????

i always thought that was technically the case too, some sort of level of gas safe to open boilers up.Most plumbers do their wiring if its a simple connect in. I can honestly say i've never met a single plumber with defined scope/limited part p so il hardly be rushing out to do GS to carry on doing CH wiring.
I used to be.... on the back of my corgi card it used to say Part P accredited blah blah...

The fun thing was to get the limited scope part P on my corgi registration all I had to do is tell the assessor I'd been doing it for years.