16mm t+e sub main

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wac

Reaction score
hi i need sum info on using 16mm twin + earth as a sub main iam running it to a flat abt 25meters in a 1 foot floor void from a 63A/80A mains isolator next to main supply do i need to pull in a bigger earth cable in and if so wot size id look it up in regs book but had it stolen

If I supply a 16mm t&e from a mains to a DB I normally run a seperate 16mm earth as well.

If I supply a 16mm t&e from a mains to a DB I normally run a seperate 16mm earth as well.
10mm earth as a minimum I would think.

what size of protective device, and whats the cable length?

oh, and whats the supply type?

its abt 30meters comming 60A/80A fed from a 100A main supply not sure if its a tncs mains not in yet

will almost certainly be TN-C-S unless you TT.

Almost all DNO supplies these days are TN-C-S/PME.

p.s. Just don't tell Steps......

:D

Paul

O)

ROTFWL ROTFWL ROTFWL ROTFWL

Presumably as you posted a repeat post at 22:19 (which Admin sensibly deleted), you did not realise that your question has been answered, above.

Basically, if you are using t&e and there are services in the flat which require MPB, then you will need to pull in a 10mm g/y also. In this case why not just use swa and just pull in one cable (or if the flexibility is needed use 16mm 3c H07RN-F).

Presumably this distribution circuit is not going to be buried <50mm in any walls?

will almost certainly be TN-C-S unless you TT.Almost all DNO supplies these days are TN-C-S/PME.

p.s. Just don't tell Steps......

:D

Paul

O)

ROTFWL ROTFWL ROTFWL ROTFWL
this is PME , anything else is just TNCS

if its not labelled as such then IMHO its not.

DSC00067.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

so how wud u go abt it 10mm or 16mm earth????headbangheadbangheadbang

Have just done something similar and pulled in 16mm earth as well especially as its on TN-C-S, you're rubbing off on me Steps:^O.

Might I suggest 16mm spilt concentric cable - same as DNOs use, smaller and easier to handle the FTE or SWA, and comes complete with 16mm earth built in. Did this on a job some years ago where I had to run outside the building and come back in to flat to avoid other properties and damage to decor etc on a 40m run. Went in a doddle.

Have just done something similar and pulled in 16mm earth as well especially as its on TN-C-S, you're rubbing off on me Steps :^O .Might I suggest 16mm spilt concentric cable - same as DNOs use, smaller and easier to handle the FTE or SWA, and comes complete with 16mm earth built in. Did this on a job some years ago where I had to run outside the building and come back in to flat to avoid other properties and damage to decor etc on a 40m run. Went in a doddle.
its NOT me,

its that stoopid system called TNCS

in fact it wouldnt matter what they called it, ST_OO_PI_D would be the best name IMHO. LOL

good job most of the usual on here have learnt that Im a twisted cantankerous git.! :)