2 people electrocuted

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A mother and her three-year-old son have died after apparently being electrocuted in the bath.The 34-year-old woman and her child were found by emergency crews at home in Romford, east London, on Thursday.

The Metropolitan Police said the boy died at the scene and his mother died in hospital the next day. The deaths are being treated as unexplained.

A police spokesman said they were investigating whether an electric heater had fallen into the bath.

Post-mortem tests have yet to be carried out.
bbc news

wonder if it had an RCD...

well how the ruddy hell did he manage to plug it in in the first place, as sockets arnt allowed in bathrooms and in circumstances where they are allowed i wont install sockets in an area where it contains a bath!

extension lead?

Years ago, my missus used to heat up the shower room in my flat with a plug in heater on an extension lead, even tho i went absolutely ballistic at her when I found her doing it, I know she will still have done it after Id gone to work

extension lead?Years ago, my missus used to heat up the shower room in my flat with a plug in heater on an extension lead, even tho i went absolutely ballistic at her when I found her doing it, I know she will still have done it after Id gone to work
Sounds just like my missus mate. Fuse removal normally does the trick lol

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:13 ----------

Wonder what zone the heater was installed in?

Mr Arsene, who works in scrap metal, had to ask friend Stefan Davidescu to dial 999 because he cannot speak English.
wonder if thats the PC term for 'scrap man'

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:49 ----------

extension lead?Years ago, my missus used to heat up the shower room in my flat with a plug in heater on an extension lead, even tho i went absolutely ballistic at her when I found her doing it, I know she will still have done it after Id gone to work
got to admit ive taken a convector heater into the bathroom a few times when its cold and heating hasnt been on... socket on other side of doorway so no extension needed...

Sad as it is, I think he should be charged with Manslaughter. There's a reason why sockets are not allowed in the bathroom and a reason for the existance of Part P; and basically this is it!

I think we can be about 95% certain there was no RCD. If there were they'd probably have lived.

More here

Appears to have been a well meaning diyer. Very sad but should be given much more news time in my opinion as a warning to all.

Sad as it is, I think he should be charged with Manslaughter. There's a reason why sockets are not allowed in the bathroom and a reason for the existance of Part P; and basically this is it!I think we can be about 95% certain there was no RCD. If there were they'd probably have lived.
However as he does not speak English I guess he'd be completely unaware of Part P, as are 99% of those who do speak English

Latest posts