2010 Renault trafi

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick68

Reaction score
Bought 2010 Renault trafic sport a few months ago, problem- radio works, cd works and plays, screen was black with egg timer showing, no SD card, bought new SD card from Renault with maps etc on it (supposedly) , inserted card, screen turned green with egg timer still on it, this is how it’s stayed even with engine off, van locked etc, can anyone help ?? Ps I’m not really tech savvy so go easy on me lol

Check all it's connections, especially check earth connections. Otherwise unplug it so it doesn't drain the battery and buy a road map.

Sorry if that's pessimistic but I've heard some sad tales about Renault electrics.

As with a lot of things in life....    It's who you know NOT what you know....

If you regularly use a local Wholesaler...  99.99999% of the time you will get better deals than if you randomly walk into a new supplier and expect a good deal..

I personally think vehicle supply, servicing & maintenance is just the same... 

Way back in 1995 we bought a second-hand Renault Espace as we had a whole tribe of kids and needed a seven-seater...

In 1998 I was made redundant...  Then in 1999 decided to go self employed...

In 2003 we needed a replacement 7-seater..

AND I was now working as a sole trader..   (started self employment in Feb 1999)..

Local Renault dealer sales-bod pointed out I could get a much bigger discount on a new purchase if  I bought it as a "company" vehicle compared to a "private" vehicle..

(Even as a sole trader.. didn't need to be Ltd etc..)

Local Renault dealer is 10mins walk up the road from home...

Bought brand new Espace from them with "company-discount" back in 2003...

Continued with all servicing etc..  and changed vehicles since then...

And been happy with all cost & quality of work etc...

Bottom line is....

Build up a good reputation with a local provider and I think you will get good value for money!

Weather its a franchised dealer or independent garage...

for the things you cannot sort yourself.. Build up good local contacts!!

Plus if you are running a business vehicle cost are a tax overhead...   

So spending a tad-more to keep it running can be more cost-effective getting it sorted professionally.

Guinness

Last edited by a moderator: