2391 December 2011

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokey

Reaction score
Just sat exam feeling really confident couldn't of asked for a better paper everything clicked into place finished with an hour to go let's hope all my hard work as paid off only 40 days to wait try and enjoy Xmas now and forget about it

Fire alar went off when I was taking mine! Do u think the will take that into consideration?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:20 ----------

Also what did you put for the question about how you would decrease the voltage drop?

Wow an hour to spare all the exams i have done don't think i have ever had any spare time but i am really not a swat.

I was hard pushed to complete all questions in the full 2 1/2 hours.

What did you put for the Test Current for the 300mA RCD and the expected result?

Not sure why but question about volt drop had me stumped for a while as i was thinking you needed the length to calculate - Got there in the end but used 3% instead of 5% for the volt drop.!!!!! Hope i get some marks for my working out.

Hi guys what answer did people get for 1 and 4 , also on the volt drop question should I have halfed the combined resistance of the line and neutral .

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 07:41 ---------- Previous post was made at 07:40 ----------

Oh and the test current was 300ma

For 1, my answer was:

The wiring system and attached electrical equipment and accessories should be:

To British Standards.

Safe - Free from damage.

Correctly Selected and Erected.

I did mine in 17 minutes and scored 97%, but thats because I never had a calculator with me. I was so shocked that I answered some questions wrong, or was it just one part of a question?

Manator,

I know you are a super being as you are a Mod & all that.

However, I suspect that you are getting course numbers mixed up!

2391-10 is the PIR exam, 3 hrs written.

I don't think I could write the answers to this down in 17 minutes if I had them to copy out!

You are probably right, it may have been another exam that I was rushing through. Problem is that I have an almost photographic memory for anything that interests me, and easily pass exams, but the real test comes when you have to apply this in the real world. My mentor was an old chap who thought having an apprentice was a chore, once he accepted me he taught me more than I would ever learn from books.

I did mine in 17 minutes and scored 97%, but thats because I never had a calculator with me. I was so shocked that I answered some questions wrong, or was it just one part of a question?
of course you did,

there there,

not sit down here while KME gets you one of his special beers just for you, :)

that's what i m saying test current 300mA and op at 300 mS ,it was a bs en type rcd.