2391 new marking method

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlc82

Reaction score
Hi does anybody know of the new marking method of the 2391? Av heard in the last batch of exams 14 people took it an 14 people failed!!

I passed the last 2391 and found it to be the easiest 2391 exam that they have had over the last few years, maybe the 14 never put enough effort in.

Iv looked at some recent pass papers and it's a lot easier than 5 years ago.

I suggest the 14 actually look at the study material they are given

I took it and trained every night for two weeks over and over the books and passed but lots of lads on my course failed most of them the ones who all said I wish i had done more practice

I must be the only one who did the exam in June and as not got the results yet

12 of 17 failed when I did mine. I thought it was a lot easier than expecting and some of the past papers I'd studied. My mate failed, resat it and failed again twice.

You've go to put some serious effort in for it and drop the meggering and other industry slang to pass.

Hi all,

FIRST OF ALL CAN I SAY I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THIS EXAM IS MARKED, PASS OR FAIL, OR GRADES OR WHAT.

Anyway, so far as i know, the "hardness" of C+G exams varies every year.

Say for example, the pass marks are given as; 80% [distinction] 70% [credit] 60% [pass]

They get in all the papers for the whole country, mark them all, and then shift things about so that every year approximately the same number of people get the same grades. This means that if in any particular exam period, loads of brainy bods take the exam, it will be a lot harder to get a good grade than in a year when loads of dimwits entered. There is a technical term for all this, but i cannot remember what it is!!

In general though, if you fail you are only yourself to blame.... HOWEVER, i have myself taken an exam where there was a "faulty" question. This is apparently quite common. The college complained on my behalf [as they agreed with me] and took this up with the C+G . They however sent back a reply as dull as their original question....

I still had a distinction, so could not care!!!!

john

Mate of mine just passed his first time(taken at Bromley college). Saw him Friday, reckons 35 people took it (including a lot or resits) and only 5 passed this time round...............Obviously he's pretty pleased with himself.

I took mine in June. Half the class walked out after 1 hour! I stuck it out, answered all the questions. On the drive home i went through it all in my head, im sure i must have failed as i missed loads of info out when describing tests... So i re-booked to take the exam in Aug as this is the last time the provider is doing the 2391.

August came, i did the retake exam. A week later got the results of the June exam, only bloody passed it! Just waiting to find out how i did on my second go.

I wonder if i fail could C&G take it off me:^O

Hi Chris,

Could have told you that you had passed!!!! My mum was a school teacher for 44 years. She always said that all the kids that came out of exams saying "how easy was that!!" all failed!!!!!

It was the ones that were worried that they had not done too well that all passed!!!

Well done!!!

john..

The 2391 is to be phased out.

The last exams are to be taken

in the next few months.

Each of the new qualifications will

have three separate assessments,

and in this lot will be two written papers.

2391 generally has a pass rate of about half the candidates. It is not an easy exam. Too many candidates are not ready for or do not prepare properly for the exam. As far as I know there has been no change in the marking process, the Chief Examiner's reports are available on the C&G website and are definitely worth a read.