75Th Anniversary Fly Past

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc Hudson

Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34250794 Just wondering if any of out members were able to see any of these aircraft first hand today? Respect to the remaining handful of pilots who are still with us for all they did risking their lives for our country and the freedom we do tend to take for granted.

Doc H.

I just had the priviledge of seeing some 90 yr old vetrans on TV .....one Battle of Britain pilot age 92 , went up in a Spitfire dual seater.

34 Spitfires & Hurricanes  taking to the air. 

Respect.

I grew up in post war Britain , there were Spitfires outside Castle Bromwich Airfield in Brum, when I was a kid , we used to climb in them .  Opposite the factory that made thousands of them .....now The Jaguar Car Plant .

I look at the people who populate this city & many others these days and realise that the bravery & sacrifices of those guys means ****** all to them .

And we continue to kill each other , war after war ......if its not poltical doctrine its religion driving mankind to destruction ..........   China parades it's military might  ...........Russia continues to  bully it's neighbours and hold the West at arms length ......  and the mad religious zealots rape , pillage & murder in God's name ......... America's young sacrificed in Vietnam....... someone asked back then   "How many times must the cannon balls fly ? "

Well the answer is STILL blowing in the wind .

Latest posts