Oh Goody!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
Today is the day that charges for using your phone in Europe end, From today it will be cost no more to use your phone in any of the European countries than it does at home.

Just think, all those mindless cretins who can't even go to the toilet without making a post about it on Faceache or some other site,will be able to post even more carp, and bore us rigid with their 'important' postings.

I can't be the only one, I'm sure, who is sick and tired of seeing these dimwits who seem glued to their mobile phone. Recently there was yet another news article urging drivers to take more care to avoid running over pedestrians, since we seem to follow everything that the yanks do, how about adopting a couple of their laws?

The one's I'm in favour of are, the jaywalking law,pedestrians who just wander out in front of traffic are fined, assuming they don't get run over, and secondly the one,popular in New York, that makes it illegal to wander around texting without watching where you are going.

Where I live there was a campaign to get a pedestrian crossing installed on the main street, it was done at great cost, you still get loads of people wandering out into the road less than 50 yards from said crossing, lets fine them!

Now these idiots who wander out have gone one step further, you can easily identify these people by the thin white cable emerging from each ear. This connects to a small hand held device and is used to provide power to the one or two brain cells that these people have.

They wander out into traffic and usually develop a surprised or startled expression upon hearing your horn, or increasingly, when they manage to drag their gaze from said device and discover a vehicle bearing down on them.

Oh yes, today is a great day indeed!