AC inverter + Battery install to existing solar setup + pre-pay meter install

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhups2k

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm soon to have a SolaX X1-Fit G4 5kW inverter + 11.6kW TP58 battery installed.
https://midsummerwholesale.co.uk/buy/solax/solax-x1-g4-fit-5-tp58
I already have an Aurora Power-One 3.6kW inverter which is managing my solar panels.

I've been trying to break down the manual to see what would be the best install for me and I've been advised by the seller and SolaX that to get the 2 inverters to talk, I would need either 2 CT clips or 2 CHINT meters.
I've decided to go the option of 2x CHINT meters as I'm unable to get another CT clamp from the seller.
There is nowhere on the manual or the internet on how to wire up 2 CHINT meters to an RJ45 connector.

Does anyone have any experience with this, especially if you have a SolaX install?

1678888852585.png1678888947329.png

I'm also having a pre-pay meter installed for my tenants.
Speaking to my electrician, he has not installed a meter where a solar setup was done.
Please could someone advise if the solar/battery power would affect an install of a pre-pay electric meter?
Also, would all energy (from battery or solar) pass through the pre-pay meter be metered as used energy or does it pass through somehow as free energy?
Sorry for the silly questions.

Thank you!!!

I've got a reply back from SolaX support.
They have said to use the 2 meters and crimp them using the pins 4 and 5 and then use an RJ45 splitter to connect them up.
I'm now just concerned that this may cancel out each connector as they will both be providing data down the single channel.
They also advised to go to meter/ct settings on the inverter and then to address them up as 1 and 2 for both meters.

Anyone done this before?

1678958292502.png

According to that diagram, the Solax inverter needs to monitor both the grid import/export and the other inverter, so it knows when to charge and discharge the battery.

They are proposing to use 2 of those CHINT meters with a RS-485 bus (parallel connection). So assign a Modbus address of 1 to one meter and address 2 to the other. Presumably in the inverter settings, it wants to know the address of the two meters so it can tell which signal is which. The signals won't get mixed up if you do that correctly.