Advice needed if possible.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iballs

Reaction score
Hello. I'm looking build a building in my back garden.
I will be needing to power 6 x 24w lights, 10 x 43w heat mats, 2 x 82w incubators.
I would like advice on solar panels needed to collect this amount of energy and also batteries to store and supply the energy at night.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

What is your backup plan for winter on the long dark days when there is next to no sunshine?
Are you putting mains power to your out building as well, or small generator, or batteries on a trolley to transport to house for charging?

What is your backup plan for winter on the long dark days when there is next to no sunshine?
Are you putting mains power to your out building as well, or small generator, or batteries on a trolley to transport to house for charging?
Probably mains power. I would like to find some way of making it self sufficient all year round. Maybe a small wind turbine as well as solar

I'm not to sure on the area of roof. But it's SE NW facing pitched roof on my house. I could fit a good few panels on there

You'll need roof dimensions and the roof pitch relative to horizontal to be able to work out how many panels can be fitted and how many kW can be generated, and then can be stored

I didn't say but I was thinking of the new building! What were you thinking as to location of panels?!

You'll need roof dimensions and the roof pitch relative to horizontal to be able to work out how many panels can be fitted and how many kW can be generated, and then can be stored

I didn't say but I was thinking of the new building! What were you thinking as to location of panels?!
I would like to put them on that but it's surrounded by trees and bushes. Not much sun would get to it.
I'd probably say I've got about 16 foot by 12 foot on either side of the roof of the house

Probably mains power. I would like to find some way of making it self sufficient all year round. Maybe a small wind turbine as well as solar
Very few places are suitable for wind turbines, they require lots of clean air, by clean I mean no buildings or trees etc round about and by lots I mean lots.